We have achieved tent!

Hehehehehe. Hubby picked up the tent yesterday and I set it up after work. One person can set it up, but two is better. It's nice and big and the porch is nice, so once the weather starts staying nicer we can do the camping thing. Hubby wants to pick up another battery for the CPAPs just to make sure we could get thru a weekend no problem and also a generator for charging if need be. I do want to look at getting a double height air bed down the road so we can avoid the having to get up off the ground phenomena that a regular air bed would require (unless they make cots in a double, in which case we can get a cot and then a regular air mattress for on top). I can wait to go camping.

Didn't get on my bike last night, the effort of setting up and taking down the tent was a serious work out all on its own LOL

D wasn't able to get to our lawn yesterday, he spent 4 hours on his and didn't get it finished. The grass was so thick and the blasted lawn mower kept dying and he had to let it cool down before he could start again. Hopefully it will behave today and the rain holds off. His lawn looked worse then ours, since his is over the septic tank, so even if ours isn't mowed, it still doesn't look too bad.

My birch tree is finally sprouting leaves, for some reason it's always the last one in our area to do so. I need to remember next fall to poke holes around the drip line and open up the soil for it more. I'll probably even do it this spring too, can't hurt.

Hubby only has one client today and he thinks it should only take a few minutes, so hopefully he can get some stuff done around the house. The living room is very cluttered and he also needs to download a bunch of shows and movies off the DVR onto the computer. We're seriously running out of space on it.

Got a package from my mom yesterday, a couple photo albums and some stuff I did in kindergarten and first grade from the looks of it. We spent an hour looking at old photos of me and family. The scanner is going to get a workout since some of the photos are degrading, esp the ones of my grandparents and great-grandparents. I wished I'd seen the photo of my Grandma Mabel's wedding gown before I'd gotten married, it was gorgeous and I would have loved to have done a 1920s style like it for my wedding (tho I loved my Victorian inspired one).

Ended up just doing ham sandwiches for dinner last night, was too tired for anything else. I'll pull some burgers out of the freezer tonight to take to the CITO tomorrow and we'll probably pick up buns (unless I feel like making some tonight) and munchies to share after work.

Comments