A sunny Tuesday

and already 46F outside. Maybe we'll have a nice week, even tho they are threatening rain for most of it.

Dinner last night was beef stroganoff over rice noodles. YUM!

I cubed some beef bottom round we'd picked up at the store, browned it in olive oil in my CI dutch oven a bit at a time after seasoning it with kosher salt, pepper and garlic powder and coated with flour. It all went back in with the juices, added water, a generous amount of basalmic vinegar, some beef base paste, onion powder and some canned 'shrooms with the juice. Put the cover on and let that simmer for a while.

Took two containers of sour cream, mixed a bit of flour into one and then mixed both into the meat and liquid and let simmer a while longer. Cooked up the rice noodles (I know they should be prepped by pouring boiling water over them and let them sit, I can't make that work, so into the boiling water they go and then I drain and they are cooked to where I like them, tho still a little too firm for hubby), drained, plated and YUM!

Leftovers for lunch :D

Havne't watched the race yet, ended up watching several recorded episodes of "The Thirsty Traveler", "Duck Dodgers" and "How William Shatner changed the world". We also killed off the bottle of sloe gin, I have hubby hooked on it LOL.

Didn't get to bed until after 11pm, really have to work on getting to bed earlier, I really had a hard time waking up this morning.

Comments

Frances D said…
My mouth is watering.
Will defintely be returning to this blog for updates.
I found you on BlogExplosion.
Take care
That sounds quite delicious. Thanks for making me jealous ;) Love the blog and the post.
Chimera said…
I haven't had time to go back through your entire archives yet (I'm working on it, though...), so I don't know if you've played the meme game before. If not, it's time you did. :-)

So, TAG! You're "it."

Follow the link for the how-to and some examples.

Then tag one to five other bloggers, with the link back to your blog.

It's like casting a circle in the blogosphere. Sooner or later, it should (in theory) come back to the originator.
Chimera said…
*sigh* I guess it would help if I gave you the link:

http://intothecavern.blogspot.com/2006/03/eve-can-charm-sir.html

The gods do have senses of hunmor!
Chimera said…
Make that "humor."

And coffee, please. Black and extra-strength...
JeanC said…
Hehehehehe, there are days when one needs coffee, very strong and on an IV drip LOL