SOMEBODY SHOULD HAVE WARNED ME!!!!!

Watched "A Mighty Wind" last night, someone should have told me to lay in a supply of kleenex for the one scene towards the end when Mitch and Mickey sing their song for the PBN concert. By that time, with Eugene Levy's fantastic acting, that song took on a whole new meaning from when they showed the "footage" from their younger days singing that song. Hubby asked me "what?" and I couldn't stop sobbing long enough to say why I was crying.

I loved the movie, I'd put it right behind "This is Spinal Tap" in order of their best, followed by "Best in Show" and "Waiting for Guffman". Hubby couldn't get too into it, then again, he didn't grow up listening to folk music and isn't familier with the background. I did, The Kingston Trio and the Chad Mitchell Trio being the most popular in our house. Hary Shearer, Michael McKean and Christopher Guests' charactors, the Folkmen, were based on the Kingston Trio and they were very scary good. Mom went to high school with Chad Mitchell, a year or two behind him, so we kinda had a personal interest in the music scene.

Did lunch yesterday with hubby ;) hehehehehehe and for dinner last night we went to Fiesta en Jalisco. YUM!!!! Next time I'll take in the camera and get pics, the food is as good as it looks :D I've been working on expanding hubby's palatte for spicier foods. While he isn't up to slathering his food with tabasco sauce, he is able to handle dishes with a bit more spice and a bit more heat then he had when he first moved down here. He finally has realized that tabasco and hot sauces aren't evil (mostly). I don't go for the really hot stuff myself, but I like having just a bit of heat in some of my foods. Anything that blows your head off on the first bite is right out, I like dishes that have a slow build up on the heat that then goes away until the next bite.

Almost springlike today, weatherfox is showing almost 50F YAY!!!!!!!!!!! With luck we'll have a decently warm day this weekend and I can get some outside stuff done.

Saturday we are doing Ostara, yours truly got talked into being high prietess EEK!!!! Okay, thank goodness we have decided on stripped down rit (saving the production numbers for the public rits, Beltaine and Samhain), so I don't have to do a lot. I've got a pathological case of stage fright, so I hope the Goddess takes pity on me and gets me thru this.

Have to remember to take my sour dough starter out of the fridge tonight, I'll bake a couple loaves on Sat to take to circle. I'm also going to look at hamburger AND hot dog buns. I've got the basic bread thing down, now it is time to expand my repertoir.

At some point I HAVE to pull that turkey out of the freezer and do something with it, it's taking up a lot of space (half a shelf). I think I will brine it, since I can cook it faster and then strip it down for using in various dishes. One thing I need to do is take a decent inventory of the freezer and finally get some meal planning done :P I should look at making a pot of split pea soup this weekend too, and possibly some kind of soup using either the turkey or chicken broth I have a ton of in there. I either need to get another deep freeze, or a larger one, the one I have just isn't big enough anymore.

Comments

Chimera said…
Interesting that you'd do Beltaine and Samhain as public festivals -- those are the two that I tend to keep away from the general public, unless I know the non-pagans or their sponsors personally, and they have a good track record for behaving themselves. Of all the festivals, these are the two most open to abuse from the "religious right."

On the other hand, you'll make a terrific HPS! Just keep this little saying in mind: "I am The Goddess!"

Remember that the gods have senses of humor. Mirth and reverence!
JeanC said…
Well, we do vet the public who do come. We don't put an announcement in the paper or anything, last thing we want it the local fundie CultMeister showing up to try and burn the witches at the stake LOL. Most of the folk are either members of CUUPS or some of the pagan college students who aren't into groups for the most part. Our coven does a little circle before anyone else shows up so we can get what we need from the event without the dilution factor having 50+ people for the main rit.

Yeah, good thing the dieties have a sense of humor, I'm sure I'm going to find someway to make things comical :D