Okay, it's official

I'm depressed :P

Saw the therapist yesterday, she looked at the paperwork I filled out, looked at me and said "You're depressed!" Okay, good, that means I'm not crazy and feeling icky for no reason :D So we chatted for an hour, I see her again next week and in the meantime talk to my PCP and see about meds. She says with the Graves' it isn't surprising I'm depressed, depression tends to go hand in hand with chronic diseases,
and add hubby's health problems up on top of that no wonder :(

I have to come up with a plan to work in at least 20-30 minutes of exercise into my schedule. We've got my bike in mostly running condition, just have to put the fenders, rack and baskets back on. Hubby wants to buy me a really NICE horn for it hehehehehehe. I don't think I'll be biking into work and back just yet, I think getting down to the bridge and back on our lane is going to be it for a while :P

So the visit wasn't as scary as I'd worked it up to in my mind. One of the things I'd marked was hypersensitivity and I will get super worked up in a negative way, convincing myself that whatever thing I'm going to do is turn into complete and utter disaster. Like my yearly job eval I might have mentioned in a previous post.

So hubby comes to pick me up and he brought me a chocolate malt shake with whipped cream, nuts AND a cherry on top from Zip's. I love my hubby :D

Dinner last night was a pork loin I had brined and frozen. It was partly thawed in the fridge, so it made it easy to slice thin with the electric knife. I layered the slices into a baking dish with some olive oil, sprinkled with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder and a bit of paprika. After it had cooked a while, I took a box of stuffing stuff and added hot water and melted butter to it and then paked it in half of the baking dish with the sliced loin. I made some brown gravey from a packet and we had a nice quick dinner. Leftovers for lunch :) Not sure what we'll do for dinenr tonight. The guys who have my car are coming over to discuss us selling it to them.

Weather is nice today, fingers crossed it will be nice this weekend, I really do need to get out and play in the dirt (or in this case, mud LOL) and get some seeds planted soon. I also need to get that one spot expanded while the soil is soft enough. That will be my exercise for one day hehehehehehe.

BTW, did anyone have problems commenting to any Blogger blogs today? For some reason it wouldn't let me and it kept giving me the same "word" to type, regardless of the blog and kept telling me to type it exactly. I did, it wouldn't post the comments. I couldn't even post a test comment to my own blog! Very annoying. I was finally able to comment an hour later.

Comments

Annie said…
Well, now you get to play the depression med game! Oh, it's just a hoot of a game - but, oh, when it finally works, happiness abounds.
Chimera said…
On the Blogger comments problem: Word verification sometimes gets stuck on a particular "word" (in this case, the "word" was smenita) and hangs the comments box up until someone goes in and unjams it.

When that happens, I usually do my comments in Word and save it till I can post them to their respective threads.

Haloscan has a comments box that you can bring over and use instead of Blogger's version. You don't need word verification to keep out the autospammers, and I've never seen anyone having a problem with it yet. I'm thinking really hard about trying to import it to my own blog.

On depression: before you take any more meds, please check out the alternatives! Also get another medical opinion, if you can. I get really suspicious about a "therapist" who makes a diagnosis based on what forms you fill out as opposed to what she actually hears you say and how you say it!

I'm not trying to make light of this. I'm just very suspicious of instant diagnoses and medical shortcuts -- this is your life that someone else is playing with.
Anonymous said…
In this case, she only verified what hubby had already recognized (he suffers from depression to) and I think I already knew, but was in denial (Ghodz dammit, ONE of us has got to stay healthy GRRRRR).

She isn't just relying on meds, esp since I need to go thru my regular medical doc, who the therapist is relying on making sure I don't get the wrong ones. We're going to do talking, at least for the next 7 visits (after that my insurance had better come up with coverage) and as I mentioned, she wants me exercising at least 20-30 minutes everyday to hopefully get my heart rate up and feeling better overall.

AND she made sure I have a good social support group. She thought my being a pagan was a neat thing, esp since the ladies in the coven get together once in a while to belly dance and kvetch about men hehehehehehehe.

In regards to comments, after I posted I was checking out the blogger help list on Google Groups and saw lots of people having problems and it seems to be that one particular word. Hopefully Blogger will fix it once and for all since that one word was a problem in the past. I've been thinking about the Haloscan for comments, I might consider it in the future sometime, but one thing at a time rigth now.