Another "I can't think of something clever to title the post" post

LOL, brain death continues into Tuesday :P

So, managed to survive Monday okay, so the rest of the week should go fine. Watched "Dark Fury" last night. It was about a half hour long, neat little story line, great animation and sets up some links for Chronicles of Riddick. We did start Riddick, but I realized 10 mintues into the opening I really needed to be in the living room WATCHING instead of attemptimg to get dinner, bread and pizza dough going LOL, so we watched other stuff we had on the DVR instead and intended to watch it while eating dinner, but hubby's client who was dropping off a laptop was over an hour late and our one neighbor had a computer problem. So, no Riddick :(

Good thing dinner was somthing I could simply turn down and continue to cook, since we didnt' get to eat until after 9:30 :P I braised a piece of chuck roast in the dutch oven with kosher salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika and then added some worchestershire sauce, basalmic vinegar and a bit of water. So it benefited from the longer cooking time. The rest was corn and cheesy mashed potatos from the freezer, so no problems just re-heating them again.

The bread I did for the potluck is my regular white bread recipe, I shaped it in a french bread shape and baked it on the pizza stone and once out, brushed with melted butter. I really need to figure out a better place then in my cupboard to let my bread cool overnight where the kitties can't get it. If I had the room, I'd love one of those old fashioned hutches farm wives had for cooling pies and such.

The whole wheat pizza dough came out nicely, I'll have hubby pull it from the fridge later today and take them out of the plastic and let them warm up and rise again. I'll make an alfredo sauce from the packet, sliver up the leftover pork loin and then top it with a couple cheese. I'm going to try them out on the pizza stone, haven't use it for pizza yet. Hubby isn't too fond of super crispy crusts, so will have to keep an eye on his, tho I don't make them thin, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Finally figured out part of why I'm probably depressed, I don't want to work anymore. I want a homestead where I can garden, raise chickens and work at what I want to work at, be it doing websites, making candles, brewing beer and mead and such. Problem it, that probably isn't going to happen unless we win the lottery and can afford to pay for health insurance and such on our own. So I guess I just have to figure out how to homestead where we are and when I'm not working :P

One thing I KNOW I'm going to insist on happening is getting that front deck screened in so I can sit out and not worry about being attacked by yellow jackets, esp since I plan on hanging some plants off the porch roof to grow.

I'm planning on making some inverted gardening containers to hang plants to help expand what I can grow. I'd first seen something called the Topsy Turvy and mentioned it on the Good Eats Fan Page forum and someone posted the link for the homemade version. I'll look at growing my cherry tomatoes and maybe the mini toms and hopefully some green peppers in them. The bigger tomatos I'll plant in the ground where I'd had the lettuce last year. That space I'm planning on expanding so I should be able to get a couple each of a couple varieties in there. This year I'm just going to break down and buy seedlings. Maybe next year I will have my greenhouse built to do starts from seeds again.

Drats, it's still snowing albeit, smaller flakes :(

Comments

Chimera said…
Inverted gardening -- great link! I know some urban Witches who are going to love this! Hat tip to you, of course.