Set the alarm clock THEN take the sleeping pill!

Woke up this morning after 8am to find the alarm hadn't gone off because I forgot to set it. I THOUGHT I'd set it, I know I was fiddling with it, but I apparently didn't flip the switch to turn it on :P Oh well, I'd pretty much had every thing more or less ready, the coffee maker was on automatic and I had leftovers from dinner packed up for lunch.

Doing a bit better during the day in regards to the sleeping pills, not so dain bread today. Went without one Saturday night and kept waking up about every hour or so. Defininately not good sleep. 1 more night on the Lunesta and then a couple more with out and then onto the Ambien CR.

House is slowly FLYing along, got half the kitchen in shape and I can now get to my equipment shelves. Just have to get those re-organized. We can walk around most of the living room now, broke out the Electrolux vac and did carpets.

Hubby put the turtle beach capture card in my computer. He'd hosed Windoze on his machine, so until he gets that fixed (and gets the Windoze install disc re-polished) he's Linux only on his computer and we've a lot of Good Eats episodes to get off the DVR onto DVD. Needless to say, I wasn't able to use my computer yesterday and I need to get photoshop put on the laptop so I can actually work on things when my computer is in use for other stuff.

Had a craving for chicken nuggets yesterday, so I pulled out a package of brined chicken breasts. I prefer thighs, but the breasts turned out pretty good. The brining is the tickets, they were nice and moist and flavorful, where unbrined ones end up dry. Sliced up an onion and made beer batter and pulled out the FryDaddy. Decided to try potato chips since I had the hot oil going, so I sliced 2 small potatos with the new slicer and soaked the slices in col water while I did everything else. By the time I got done with the chicken and most of hte onion rings I was pretty tired, so only did a few chips. Those are going to take some practice. Tasty, but getting an even cooking is going to be the trick.

Not a clue what I'm fixing for dinner tonight, I'll figure something out later. Definatly something not deep fried. I keep forgetting hubby doesn't have a gallbladder anymore and too much deep fried is a problem.

Imbolc was very nice, we'd gone with a framework instead of a fully scripted rit, so ended up with something VERY magical. We'll definately have to work on doing that more often.

Comments