MMMMMMM, donuts.....

Coworker brought in donuts this morning, so I had a chocolate covered bismark to go with my coffee.

Raining out, it's been raining on and off since Sunday night. Temps are back into more normal numbers, thank goodness. With luck I can get out and seed in the brocoli and spinach and get them going soon.

Finally found my Bar Keeper's Friend. Safeway did have it. Did a test on a pan that has 20 years of baked on ick on the rim, it's going to take a bit of work, but it looks like it will do the job nicely. I'll make a paste to put on and let it sit before scrubbing. I've a few other stainless steel items that will clean up faster. It did a great job on the kitchen faucett. Once I get the sink swapped, I'll use it on the new one to shine it up.

Forgot that Sunday I'd put some pork loins into brine, so I had to get them out and bagged last night.Last time I left them in brine too long, they tasted more like ham then fresh pork, so no harm done. I bagged 3 and cooked one. I took a tip from the foodsaver list I am on and put the 3 in ziplocks before vac sealing them. This way I didnt' have to pre-freeze them or run the risk of sucking too much liquid into the machine.

The 4th loin I sliced thin with the electric knife (that was the best $15 we've spent), pounded them thin with a meat hammer, tossed them with olive oil and Trader Joe's white basalmic vinegar and Johnny's garlic seasoning and put them into a baking dish in the oven. When the pork was almost done, I sauteed a couple packages of sliced fresh mushrooms in butter and more of the Johnny's garlic seasoning. We'd picked up some hoagie rolls while at Safeway and I put the pork and 'shrooms in the rolls and topped with shredded mozzarella. YUM!!!! As long as the 'shrooms are not cooked to ick, I can eat them. I still loath canned 'shrooms.

No leftovers from dinner last night :( So lunch today is a couple toasted cheese sandwiches with my homemade whole wheat bread. Made hubby whole wheat toast with Nutella for breakfast. I'm going to have to buy LOT more Nutella, that stuff is totally delish. I may have to look at 3 loaves of bread each week, we're going thru it fast hehehehehehe.

Made some really delish chicken sandwiches on Sunday. Took some boneless, skinless chicken thighs, partly thawed them and sliced them thin. Tossed them with a packet of alfredo sauce mix, dry and then baked. When they were almost done, I sprinkled mozzarella cheese on them and let that melt. Sliced my whole wheat bread, topped with the chicken and cheese and YUMMM! I did have leftovers that time, so that was lunch yesterday :D

Need to think of more ideas for posting to my cooking blog. I've been plugging away with backing up my Bravejournal onto Blogger. I've got 9 months of posts left to go :P Then I can see about changing the template on the Blogger on, I think I finally got CSS mostly figured out. Someone recommended a tutorial site that is pretty neat and I am working on a simple page for hubby's business to ge the hang of it.

Comments