Ketchup

We finally got water yesterday about 3ish or so. The new heat tape took longer, but we didn't have to worry about the place catching fire. Since we wanted to head down to Lewiston yesterday, we had our neighbors pop over periodically to check the kitchen tap for water coming thru. We didn't want to just leave a tap open and take off since it could have been hours before we got home and we didn't want the pump on the well to continually run. Good plan, it came on and they were able to shut it off and gave us a call.

Friday we popped over to Shopko to pick up a new vacuum, we opted for the Shark Pursiut, man that vac sucks, in a vey good way LOL I can't believe how much cat hair and ick it pulled up and I'd vac'd the weekend before. We also got hubby 3 new shirts. Now that business is picking up he needs good work clothes.

By the time we got home on Friday, I was feeling seriously ick, achy and cold. Discovered I was running a temp of 99.5F. I ended up in bed by 9pm, with the electric blanket cranked as high as it could go. I'd really wanted a ho bath, but with no water, it wasn't going to happen (tho I could have gone over to B's next door, but I wasn't going out in freezing temps to get one).

I felt better by morning, tho I kept waking up all night trying to hear if we had water running, so I was fairly tired. We puttered about a bit while waiting for the heat tape to work Hubby figured what was taking so long was the tape wasn't quite set right. They had to kinda loop it to get it to plug in, so we popped over to Spence's Hardware and picked up a short heavy duty extension cord. Hubby got back under the trailer, finished gettign the tape in place and the extension cord was enough to plug it in that last bit. When it warms up again, we'll have to get back under to insulate things better.

So we finally got to Lewiston, had a late lunch at Rusty's Ranch Cafe at the bottom of the grade. YUM!!! Then hit Radio Shack where hubby picked up a new scanner for the car, then off to Cash and Carry, where I picked up a 5 liter container of basalmic vinegar. That will last me at least a year.

On to Costco. 2 whole pork loins, 2 bags of chicken thighs, a bag of shredded medium cheddar, 1 of shredded mozzarella, some printer cartridges for hubby's printer (that we can write off as it is a business expense), a way cool kite (pics later), butter ($1.62 a pound for quaters), orange juice, a few other things and in a fit of insanity, a 50 pound bag of bread flour LOL. Okay, not quite insane, I need lots of bread flour, buying it 3 pounds at a time is not going to do it now I have the Kitchen Aid. I just need to figure out how the heck I am going to store it. I priced out big bags of flour at Cash and Carry, they had a big bag of 100% stone ground wheat flour for about $10-$15, I think it was 50 pounds too. Once I get enough containers I'll look at buying a bag of that, unless I can find some locally for a good price.

I was putting stuff away last night and came out to tell hubby we had too much food LOL, Had a heck of a time getting the doors on the fridge and freezers closed :P

Last stop of the day was Shopko down there, picked up a couple pairs of trousers for hubby on sale. We'll pop over to Pullman today to see if we can find another pair, see if Bruised Books is open to trade in some books we no longer want and then back over to Winco to finish grocery shopping (I WILL get that chocolate cheese cake made if it kills anyone hehehehehe) and then watch the race (YEE HA!! Recording has commenced!).

Comments