Fruits of my labor

Never hit Bruised Books, decided we didn't feel like going to Pullman. So we hit Winco and Ross. Jokingly told hubby when I went into Ross that if they had a piZza stone for $7 I was going to buy one. They had one for $6.99. Needless to say, I now own a pizza stone LOL.

So Sunday night I did the cheesecake. I was a bit impatient, so the cream cheese didn't have a chance to fully come to room temp, so it is a bit lumpy, but totally delish. Here's some pics:







I couldn't resist, had to cut a slice before it was fully cooled int he fridge:



So yesterday I made bread. I may never go back to store bought bread. I was thinking I needed to get a slicing guide, but several folks have suggested an electric knife to get thin even slices, so since I have one, I'll give it a try (sliced some this morning, couldn't slice an even one and had to use a knife to get it out of the toaster LOL). I made one loaf of plain white and two loafs of sourdough. One sourdough loaf I took over to the neighbors since they are alsways bringing us treats and also as a thank you for keeping an eye on the place Saturday in regards to the water. Took them some cheesecake too :)





The sourdough isn't as sour as I'd like, from comments on the breadmachine list I am on in regards to someone else talking about sourdough, the yeast is the culprit. The recipe the other person listed used yeast and the recipe I used from the one book also use4d yeast. I'll try it next time without the yeast and let the starter have a go all on its own. The bread is still tasty, I have a couple slices of it to go with my leftover pot roast from dinner last night. I had lots of gravey leftover that will be nice to dip the bread into YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

John Hedtke said…
I have been having so much fun reading on your blog about recipes that I think I'm going to cook something dessert-like. What, I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards cake: I just spotted this blog that tipped me over the line for that.