Friday FRIday FRIDAY!!!!!!

And a payday to boot :D Still chilly out, but much better then last week, no frozen pipes LOL

Gotta buckle down and figure out CSS. Hubby has one client who needs a webpage, but that one I can do in simple HTML since all he wants is a presense, name of company and contact info, etc. Easy. That one I can toss together pretty quickly and get it up and running this weekend if he gets me the info. Our one friend still wants one for the group she works with, but I want that one to be a little more dynamic.

Picked up a chuck roast at Safeway last night, we had to pop in to pick up one of hubby's perscriptions and they had the Rancher's Reserve chuck on for $1.99 a pound. Hubby was feeling steak neptunish, so we also picked up some fake crab along with a few other things. I wasn't feeling in the mood for it, so I did up a box of the rice pilaf (pretty much the only Rice-a-roni I buy, I like it the best), cubed up my portion of beef, browned it just a bit with a coating of flour, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and servied it over rice. I did fries for hubby and he had those with his steak neptune. My leftovers are lunch today.

Definately have to inventory the freezers and pantry, I gotta get back into meal planning. I still have one whole pork loin waiting to be brined, luckily it was cryovaced, so it last longer in the fridge then a regularly store wrapped loin. I should be able to get that in the brine tomorrow.

Planning more bread this weekend. The loaf I made Monday passed the sandwich test and the toaster test (tho I either let it rise too much or I need a bigger toaster, the slices are too wide at the top for the toaster LOL), so I'll look at doing a loaf or two with a blend of the bread flour and whole wheat flour.

Looks like we'll be popping down to Lewiston tomorrow, we need to drop a bill off. I dont' think we'll need to hit Costco, but one thing I forgot to get at the cash and carry last weekend was a container of Barkeeper's Friend. It's a cleanser that lots of people swear by and was also recommedned to me for cleaning the oven. Anything that will work that doesn't produce killer fumes is fine with me and it will be great for cleaning some of my cookware. I may or may not pick up a big bag of 100% stone ground wheat flour. If I do, I'll need to get another big bucket for it. As is a 5 gal bucket isn't big enough for 50# of flour. Oh well, just means I need to do LOTS of baking hehehehehehe

With the weather getting nicer, I'm starting to get ancy about hitting the range. It's been a while since we went shooting. Gotta remind hubby to renew our membership so we can go out. The Lewiston club took over the range and made inprovements, mostly 2 new pistol bays. I'm hoping they also put somehting in resembling a bathroom LOL

Still awaiting our new Dish receiver/DVR. Things have changed enough that the guy has to come install it. Which is fine, we still have about 15-20 episodes of Good Eats on the old one we need to download and burn to DVD. Right now hubby trying to get Mask of the Red Death with Vincent Price burned, but is having problems with the transfer. He'll try again this afternoon using a different format. We may just give up on that and hope to get it on pro copy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you realize the suffering that you contribute to when you eat meat?

Please see:
http://www.meetyourmeat.com
and
http://www.peta.org/mc/factsheet_display.asp?ID=103
JeanC said…
Personally, anything that comes out of PETA is instantly dismissed in my case. The people who run it are in it for their 15 minutes of fame, the money and don't give a crap about who they hurt and how they go about it to get their face time on the news. They sob big crocodile tears for animals, then their people go out and terrorize people and they have been caught time and again "rescuing" animals to turn around, kill them and dump the bodies in the trash. Nope, PETA can kiss their own asses, they have no credibility.

Heck, I'm planning on sending them LOTS of pics when I finally get my deer or elk hehehehehehehehe