YAY, it's FRIDAY!!!!!

And it's snowing out and the migraine is attempting a comeback. Good thing I have a good supply of acetominiphen, took 2 already this morning and will pop a couple more in a few. I've decided to stop trying to "tough it out" when the headaches start, try and stop them before they get too bad. Feeling nauseous all day on top of the head pain is no fun.

Payday today, money comes in, money goes out. One of the outs will be Rum Tum going into the vet on Tuesday to get edited. One of these days we need to get enough money to haul all three in for their shots. You would think with a vet school in the area (over at WSU) they would run some low cost shot clinics, but I've never seen any offered. Hubby thinks the local vets don't want the competition, but there are other towns where there are low cost vet clinics that have lots of vets and they don't seem to have any problems. Have to keep a sharper eye out. We COULD order some of the vaccines via mail, but I haven't been able to find the rabies vaccines on line anywhere, just the combo vacs for everything else.

Watched Criminal Minds last night that we'd recorded on the DVR, new episode called Ride the Lighting (I think that was the title). WOW!!!!!! Now that's what series tv SHOULD be like. A very powerful episode, they didn't wuss at the end and I was fighting crying myself to sleep over an hour later. Hubby kept asking "how did they get that script past the suits without them doing their best to screw it up?" We are looking into a new Dish reciever, we have the basic 500 model one, with the 60 hours record time and you can only get one signal with it. Which normally isn't a problem, but those &%^$ idiots at Fox moved Bones opposite Criminal Minds and we like both shows, so we have to decided to watch one show until re-run season and then we can catch the other, which is annoying. Other option is to get the TV and VCR in the bedroom hooked up to the arial antenna and record one of them off of the broadcast airwaves (I don't remember who had the better signal, I think it was KREM2 (CBS) out of Spokane, KAYU28(Fox) had the weaker signal and I seem to recall not watching too much Fox when all we had was the antenna). DISH has a really nice reciever where you can program in for a certain show and it will record when ever it finds it in the schedule, kinda like TIVO's season pass, but they list it as being only for new customers. So, it is a matter of figuring out if we want to get the one upgrade soon, or hold out until they offer the new feature to exisiting customers. Hubby was talking about maybe playing DirecTV against DISH to see if we can get DISH to give us the upgrade to the system with the new feature as a way to keep us on DISH. Our old reciever is acting flaky as is, not recording shows when programmed and locking up when trying to check the program grid and we have to pull the programming card to re-boot the darn thing. Not fun when you are in the middle of recording something. Besides, it would be nice to have a signal into the bedroom without having to disconnect the living room TV to run the cable.

Dinner last night was pretty good. I defrosted a packakge of chicken breasts, sliced them and sauteed them in a bit of olive oil and then added a packet of alfredo sauce mix and used half and half instead of plain milk. Then added in some parmesean cheese. I made potato pancakes using plain mashed potatos and garlicky mashed potatos. I mixed them together, added two eggs and enough flour until it was the right consitency. Melted some bacon grease in the cast iron skillet and spooned in the mixture, cooked on each side until golden brown and delisious and served them with the chicken alfredo. YUM! Leftovers for lunch. I had enough extra potato pancake batter to make extra, so I popped the cooled down ones onto a cooling rack and into the freezer. Once frozen I bagged them so I can pull them out when I need them.

I must say, brining those chicken breasts was a great idea. Normally they tend to dry out when cooked, no matter how moist a cooking method I use, but not now. Thank you Saint Alton. Have to see if we can pick up 4 more packages tonight and then I should be set for a while with chicken breasts. We hope to hit Costco this weekend, I want to get more of the boneless, skinless chicken thighs and some real cheese, both block and shredded. I also need to see about hitting cash and carry, I'm pretty much out of the basalmic vinegar I get. It's Rolands brand (I think, been while since I bought any) and I can get it in the 5 liter box. While not the greatest basalmic, it is very good for basic cooking and such.

Now that I have the freezers re-organized, I need to work on the pantry. I am having problems finding ANYTHING when I need to lay my hands on it. I'm thinking coming up with some mini-shelves for the shelves so I can look in and see things at a glance. Came across something the other day that looked like the ticket, just gotta remember where I saw it so I can try it.

Comments