WE HAVE WATER!!!!!!

Water started flowing about 5:30 or so, so I am a happy camper. Immediately went out to unplug the heat tape. Talking with the property owner and he was mentioning the heat tape was probably the old stuff (had to be, we never put it on) and tended to be flamable. Since we helped put out the fire on the trailer next door one night a couple years ago which started from the heat tape under B's place that had gotten wrapped up in wet insultion, we are now paranod. Hubby called a friend of ours who came over and helped with the crawling around under the trailer getting the heat tape plugged and and checking out the pipes.

But the water is back on and the cupboard doors under sinks will be staying open tonight. Hubby will hit TriState for some of that foam stuff to wrap around and next year we'll see about new heat tape.

The ham came out yummy. I sliced it up with my electric knife. The bone is wrapped and tucked into the freezer. I've got a good sized rubbermaid container of ham in the fridge. If we can swing it, I'd like to pick up one or two more for the freezer. Maybe closer to Christmas they will go down a bit in price. I still want to get a duck.

The onions are still happily burbling away in the crock pot. I think they will need to go overnight. Just have to put them in the fridge in the morning.

Comments