FRIDAY!!!

Made it thru the week. It's been fairly quiet with most of the students gone. I'm going in today at 11 am as I'm covering the 6-8pm shift. I did the same yesterday. We couldn't get any of our student workers to were qualified to cover those shifts to work, they are all off spending the holidays with their families.

I'm off next week, I only have to use 1 day of annual leave, the other 4 days the university gives us as paid holiday days.

Rum Tum came within an inch of getting himself declawed with a pair of pliers. I'm normaly opposes o declawing kitties, but Wednesday night I'd just fallen asleep when I awoke to a slicing pain in my left index finger. I'm not sure what happened, but the little snot sliced a half inch gash into my finger and drew some serious blood. He nailed my hubby in the leg shortly there after and I'm still finding where he bleed across the floor. Oh well, he's just a very rambunctious 3 month old and will hopefully settle down eventually (please, please, please Mama Bastet, let him mellow out!).

We kicked the kitties out of the bedroom last night, hoping for a good nights sleep. HA!! I had a heck of a time getting to sleep, Rum Tum had been taking to sitting on top of my CPAP, I finally got up to see if he'd managed to change the settings, I was having problems breathing, I kept feeling like I was choking. He hadn't and I finally found a poistion I could breath easier in. Hips and knees kept waking me up with the pain. I think we are going to save up for a memory foam mattress pad, the egg shells just aren't cutting it anymore.

PS: as much as I am tempted, Rum Tum will be keeping his claws. I just couldn't do that to him.

Comments