T-day post-mortum

Everything came out fine, tho I will be going back to Grandma Florence's black enamal roaster next year, I wasn't totally satisfied with the one I cooked the bird in this time around. We had 5 for dinner, D from next door was going to be alone, but his lady J got off work early and she came along.

The pie came out very yummy and it going into my permanent repertoire, as will the homemade crockpot apple butter. Good thing I'd stashed extra of the fancy mash potatos, there was hardly any left, they were popular, as were the candied yams.

BTW, I'm not kidding about post-mortum:














yup, this is the ceiling



Needless to say, right after this happened, I said many bad words in front of my mother, tho she understood. The one good thing about it all, it happened AFTER dinner, but I was so looking forward to having the leftover gravy for open faced turkey sandwiches. There was one fatality, a wine glass got broken, you can see part of it in the first pic laying in the corning ware casserole dish.

Had a nice visit with my mom, she took us out to dinner tonight. The old Mark IV restaurant was sold and is now the Sandpiper Grill. Lucky for us they kept the same chef and they've hired some more really good waitstaff. Mom and I had their prime rib, the 9oz, tho the chef cut it large and I took home leftovers LOL It was very yummy. Hubby had the monte cristo sandwich sans powdered sugar (he hates powdered sugar) and that was good too (I had a bit), so we'll have to go back and check out their breakfasts as I'll know for sure if they still have the high quality meals when I try their biscuits and gravy.

We almost avoided Black Friday, but hubby had a client pay early and we needed a new Yule tree stand, so out we went. Got the stand at Tristate for $20, made in the USA and a nice one. It will hold up to a 10 foot tree and has a reservoir for a gallon of water. Should provide a good stable base for the tree, esp when Rum Tum decides to climb it (we WILL be anchoring the tree to the wall).

Hubby bought me another blated birthday/anniversary prezzie (the Firefly DVD set was one), we stopped at Radio Shack and picked up:



Makes a good kitty toy too:



We've got some movielets, but we don't have the software to run them installed on my 'puter yet. Those I'll post on my home page with a link to them.

Comments