Oh my aching feet

Made more mashed potatos today, these will be for turkey day dinner. I used cream cheese in them and managed to get a couple of gladware containers of them for later.

Boiled to yams until soft and cut them up and found I'd gone a bit over board LOL, I have 2 gladware containers of plain sliced yams I'll freeze and do something with them later. The rest of the yams I was able to fit into the dish I was planning on using. I melted butter, added brown sugar and a bit of water and brought it to a slow boil to make a syrup, added cinnamon and nutmeg and poured it over the yams. Popped them in the oven for a while and they are now out and cooling and will go in the fridge.

I did up Paula's pies, I made two of them and put them in the freezer uncooked. One I'll pull out and bake on Thursday and the other will get pulled out for the Yule holidays.

So I'm pretty much ready for the big day, all I have left is the stuffing, esxtra dressing and the bird itself and that I will put in a container in the tub tomorrow night to thaw over night in water. I'll probably put it in about 5-6pm. Now I have to put all the bottles in the container I'm going to use somewhere else heheheheh Scored a folding card table on Freecycle, I'll pick it up tomorrw. I'll use it for dinner on Thursday so we don't have to use TV trays this year. I'll break out the good china for service.

Had a fantastic surprise in the mail. I'd been out run errands and driving my mom t the airport so she could pick up her rental car. Hubby had a package, I didn't recognize the business it was from. Handed it to him when I got home and sneaky boy made a production opening it and trying to figure out what it was. He'd ordered the Firefly DVDs from deepdiscountdvd.com . It was a belated 12th aniversary prezzie. I watched the pilot while making the mashed potatos this morning. I love my hubby.

Comments