I KNEW there was a reason I like this comic strip

Pearls before swine


Got our first snow yesterday at home. It was mixed with rain, so was rather slushy, but I did see snow flakes. Didn't stick for long either.

The arrangements for loaning our friends my car are ticking along. Our insurance company recommends a transfer of titile to avoid either hubby or I being nailed in a lawsuit if anything happens in an accident, so we'll look at a $1 sale and keep a lien on it to make sure everything is covered. Hubby took the car over to DMV with our friend to get the new tags. Still have to find the title, it's in the house somewhere LOL We have 30 days to transfer the title, so we have time.

Picked up some pork loin roasts and a 10lb bag of chicken hindquarters at WinCo, the pork loins I cut in half and vac sealed them. I didn't feel like brining them this time around. The hindquarters I'll process tonight and make several ziplocks worth of dump chicken recipes. Picked up a little over 3 pounds of salted peanuts in the bulk section. I'll make some peanut butter and look at a satay sauce using it to have on hand. May make one of the dump chicken recipes with it. Picked up 2 round tip roasts at Safeway, they had a buy one get one free, so we did. Cut those in half and have 4 little roasts vac sealed in the freezer.

Our friend is treating us to pizza tnoight, so I don't have to worry about dinner.

Picked up some Meow Mix kitten food. The little snot is turning his nose up to the Science Diet kitten crunchies and eating big kitty food. I don't mind him eating that, but I want to know he's getting all the nutrition he needs, he's still only around 6-8 weeks old. I tried mixing the SD crunchies with the Kirkland crunchies, he keeps pushing Nicky out of the way to get to Nicky's dish. I may have to take the chair away so he can't get up to the sill where the food is and make him eat out of a dish on the floor for a while.

Comments