No more home repairs on race day!

Picked up a new range hood on Saturday when we stopped at Home Depot on Saturday. Picked it up for $33 dollars. It's white and is non-ducted. Installed it yesterday and by now you'd think we'd know better. I keep thinking thinks should go easy, but no, it never does. The entertainment unit went off when we turned the power to the kitchen off, we ended up losing half the race. Trying to get the wood spacers the old on had back up, they split in half, so we needed to find new ones, but they had to be 3/8" thick, all we had was 1/2" thick pieces of wood. I then had bellydancing, so had to take a break from trying to install the hood for a while (good thing, I was getting homicidal hehehehehe). We finally got it installed. A friend had a chunk of plywood the right thickensss, so we cut the pieces we needed, cut the power again to get the wires connected and voila! a new range hood that is now over all 4 burners. The original hood didn't cover two of them as the stove was wider then the hood.

We no longer have a fan in the wall. To install the hood, we had to gut it and bend the the internal frame to the hood could go flush against the wall. I filled it with expanding foam to keep the cold out. I'll find a pice of something to staple over it to make it look nicer.

Ya know, it's dark at 6am this morning. Nicky is going to the vet at 8am, so we had to get up early. Blech! He's still limping, part of the time, so we're getting him looked at.

The new kitten will probably be moving in soon. He's weanable, but hasn't gotten the link between being hungry and eating food, unless you feed him the pieces of kibble one at a time. Driving my firend nuts. I figure he can move in and Nicky can help teach him. So I need to finish getting the living room cleaned up to make it ready for him.

Hit Costco on Saturday, picked up a package of portabello mushrooms. I'll marinade them tonight in a soy sauce base, grill them and serve them with rice. Hubby has agreed to at least 1 vegetarian meal a week, so I can start planning on one. I have my dad's copy of the Moosewood Cookbook and a friend on a list I am on sent me an almost vegetarian cook book that helps to introduce veggie meals without scaring the other person too much.

Comments