Puttering, puttering

Decided I needed to be on a schedule, so I have my alarm set for 8m. Not my most brilliant idea, esp since we didn't get to bed until 2m last night :P But the idea was do do a bunch of kitchen stuff before it gets to hot in here. Keeping to my laundry schedule, need to put the wsh in the drier in a couple of minutes.

So yesterday I got up and made a bunch of packages of frozen chicken thighs with marinades and those are in the freezer. Late yesterday I made a brine and cut the pork loin into 4 pieces and those brined over night. One loin I put in a gallon baggie with teriyake marindade (the store bought stuff), another I made a honey mustard marinade with olive oil and lime juice. The other two I left plain and vacuum sealed those.

Last night we made up a bunch of Alton Brown's potstickers OOOOOOOO they were yummy. Most I froze on cookie sheets and then bagged for later enjoyment.

I've a bunch of crookneck squash from the big garden, I'm going to slice and blanch them and into the freezer for later. I picked a couple of green tomatos yesterday when we went over to water. I'll have some fried green tomatos a lottle later.

My freezer is getting pretty full, I made up an inventory so I can keep track of all the entrees I made. When I did that I found an open 5lb bag of sweet corn I forgot was in there. I think it will become a big pot of sweet corn and shredded chicken soup in the next few days. I'll roast one of the chickens and use the leftover meat from that. I do need to pick up a couple cans of creamed corn to give the soup a creamier texture.

My computer is attempting suicide. Hubby put an external hard drive on it to back up every hour. My hard drive is dying and my new one is still in processing from where we ordered it. Hubby is NOT happy with the company, they's switched to a different inventory system and it puked big time and they didn't have a back up. They sent an order we'd canceleed several weeks before. Being honest we sent it back, even tho their records clearly showed it had been cancelled, but this adds to our positive karma.

Well, off to process squash, eat fried green tomatos and finish todays laundry.

Comments