Happy Pink Flamingo Day!

Very hard waking up this morning, so it is DEFINATELY a Pink Flamingo day. I need all the whimsey I can get. Not quite as hot today, tho they say it's going to heat up again tomorrow.

I woke up at 3am this morning ready to die from the heat, We had the window open, but no cool air was coming in, or if it was, it wasn't getting to my side of the bed. I ended up turning on the stand fan to get some air moving. Getting back to sleep was fun as that fan squeaks as it turns, but I finally drfited off.

Saturday night I didn't get anymore cooking done. By the time the sun went down I was totally wiped out and I was lucky to even stand. I did get my lettuce harvested, so we had a nice big salad. The only bad part of it all was right after I put down the bunch of lettuce I had in hand to rinse off, a yellowjacket crawled out from between the leaves. Needless to say, I freaked. Hubby came in and trapped it and tossed it outside. I used a pair of long handled tongs to handle the salad after that. Thank goodness the yellowjacket was too stunned from being manhandled, I still have to pick up my epipen from the pharmacy (darn thing is $48 and my health insurance doens't cover it), getting stung would have not been fun.

I did manage to get some mashed potatos done Sunday morning before it got too hot. I used up the one bag (only 2 potatos were sprouting and a few out of the new one. I then split the mashed potatos between 3 bowls. One bowl I shredded cheddar cheese into to make cheesy mashed potatos, the 2nd I sprinkled in some Johnny's Garlic Caesar seasoning for garlicky mashed potatos and the 3rd I just left plain. I split those all into containers and then into the freezer they went.

Too hot to do much else yesterday. We did pop out to pick up a few things we still needed from the store. The rest of the day I surfed or played Diablo II.

Comments