Gonna be a warm one

Almost ran an extension cord out the door last night to use the rice cooker on the porch and then break out the butaine single burner to do stirfry. But I couldn't find the rice cooker and it cooled down just enough by 9:30 to cook in the house. Then I discovered the bag of potatos I'd forgotten about in the pantry was on top of the bag of rice and the potatos oozed and got into the rice. Thank the Goddess there wasn't much rice left. I'd have been pissed if it had been the full 25 pounds. So I borrowed some rice from the neighbor and got it started on the stove top.

The rice was the short sticky rice and it was delish. I'll have to invest in some next time we go shopping. The stirfry came out well. I sliced some chuck steak while it was partly frozen, makes it easier to slice. The I used two bags of normandy style veggies. Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Then we made a sauce using 1/4 cup of the Plochman's honey mustard, a couple tablespoons each rice wine vinegar, tamari, a pinch of chinese 5 spice and a dash or two of sesame oil. I quick stirfried the beef until it was almost done in some canola oil, then set it aside and added the veggies and cooked them tru, added back the beef and then the sauce. I disolved a heaping teaspoon of sorn starch insome water then added that to thicken the sauce and help it coat the food bette. Served over the sticky rice and MMMMMMM was it delish.

Hubby doesn't like cooked carrots, so he picked his out and since there were too many for me to eat, I vacuum sealed them and froze them. I can run them thru a food processor and use them in a soup or stew at a later date.

Did french toast this morning. I spiced them with a little vanilla extract, allspice and cinnamon, I made extra so I can see how they work out after freezing them.

Hit the liquor store last night, we were out of vodka. We have several flavors of Rose's infusions and they all use vodka. While we were there I always like to look at the baskets of nippy bottles. Found a new one I'm going to have to invest in, along with the other liquors need to make the drinks you can make with it. It's Sgt Peppermint, from the Netherlands. You want peppermint, this is the stuff for you YUMM!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have to rearrange my liquor cabinet to hold all the bottles I'm planning on getting down the line.

Comments