Back to the grind

School started today and I have gone back to my 9am-6pm schedule. Workign 5 days in a row is going to be sooooo hard!!!!!! :D

Ended up hitting Wally World for paint (only because everyone else had just closed) and got a quart of black to paint the cabinets. WOW!!!! Way cool.I also painted the east wall with the bay window. I stopped at the bend next ot the fridge, that will get painted later. I painted all the cabinet doors and the drawers on both sets of cabinets and then the bit of wall around the pantry. This is what happens when you paint the ceiling, the whole thing snowballs from there:

Before:







After:





I can't wait to get the kitchen finished. I'm going to paint a white diamond pattern above the upper cabinets to break up the black a little more and I'm not putting few things back up I took down off the walls, like the plant hangers over the bay window. I'll put one back up for my aloe vera, but that's it. The wooden paper towel holder that also held the tin foil and wax paper is not going back up either, I don't use the 2, just the paper towel and I want to get a single holder in chrome to put up instead. I'll be finishing the rest of the painting when it cools off and then do it in stages. I have enough white inthe one gallon to do touch ups on the ceiling, wall and cabinet doors. I haven't even cracked open the other gallon. Eventually I would like to have a chorme backsplash, but that is very pricy and someone suggested stainless steel instead, so will look around for that.

It got too hot this weekend, so I didn't get the 20 lbs of potatos processed like I wanted, I'll do them later in the week when it cools off in the evening. Dinner last night was burgers I had frozen and I made steak fries from scratch and tossed them in olive oil and a packet of ranch dressing. Came out very yummy. Leftover burger and fries for lunch today. Pulled out a package of lemon chicken to thaw last night, along with some mashed potatos for dinner tonight. Wrote up a plan for meals for half the week, will sit down and finish the rest of the week..

Comments