Lazy today

Sorta busy weekend, when I haven't been sleeping LOL About the only thing I really plan on doing today is getting the living room in better shape, tho it is a matter of picking up a bit of clutter and finding new places to store a couple items. Then it is vacuuming time. The kitchen is pretty much done, a few dishes to do and that is it. Maybe mop the floor.

Friday I cut up a 6 pound beef bottom roast and put it into Alton's jerky marinade. Marinaded it over night and yesterday put it in the dehydrator. Since there was so much I did it in two batches. When it was done I stored it in a container in the fridge. This morning I split it into 4ths and vacuum sealed 3 of them and those are stashed for furture snacks.

Been updating my Accuchef cookbook. Finally figured out al the ways to put recipes in it from other sources. So I've been going thru my archive of emails from the Accuchef users list and importing recipes when I have a moment. I also inputed all the recipes for the dehydrator listed on the Nesco site into it's own cookbook. I have several books set up on the program, chicken, ground beef, asian, and 1 big genreal cookbook, along with one just for crockpot recipes. Hubby has a laptop set up for me so I can have a copy of Accuchef in the kitchen, he was going to update it from my main machine, except the laptop is being very, very cranky and it isn't letting him update. Oh well, that gives me more time to transfer more recipes into the main program.

Came up with a very tasty and easy chicken recipe on Friday night. I put some chicken into a baking dish with a bit of seasame oil and let it bake for a bit. Then I took 2 heaping teaspoons of tom ka gai base (a coconut chicken soup base) and mixed it into a can of coconut milk. I poured that over the chicken and let it bake some more. When the chicken was tender and cooked thru, I took 2 tsps of corn starch disolved in water and after taking the chicken out, mixed the cornstarch into the sauce. Added back the chiken and let it cook some more. When done, served it with rice with a generous amount of the sauce poured over the whole thing. To die for! If you have an asian market nearby, I recommend laying in some tom ka gai soup base. It isn't just for soup any more :D

Rained the last couple of nights, so it is good for my garden. I probably should get out for a few minutes today and do a little weeding and turn my compost pile. It's in need of some attention.

We've installed the air conditioner in the bedroom, makes a world of difference. Hubby says it is the best sex toy we've ever bought ;) Seriously, it makes for a more comfortable atmosphere when one isn't dying of heat. I would love to install it in the living room, but the windows are too narrow. We are now considering one that will install thru the wall. I'd like one big enough to cool the living room and the kitchen.

News from north of us has dropped off a bit. Shasta has gone home to her family and the cops are not giving out a lot of details in anticipation of the trial. There is already talk of moving any trial some place else. Not sure where, they are going to have a hard time finding anyplace in the Pacific Northwest that hasn't had extensive coverage. Maybe we'll get lucky and the SOB will plead guilty and ask for the death penalty and waive all appeals.

Comments