He got dosed with the flea and tick stuff this morning. He really doesn't like that, it goes on the back of his neck where he isn't supposed to get to it, tho he doesn't seem to have a problem scratchig at the stuff with his back foot. The stuff seems to work, we haven't found any ticks on him since the frist dose last month. It's the Hartz stuff, whihc is way cheaper then the stuff you get fromt he vets. We were looking at $45 a month for 3 cats (tho when researching we discovered you can put any of that stuff on elderly, sick kitties), The Hartz stuff was $8 for 3 doses, so for 2 cats for 3 months we paid $16. KiKi is the next kitty to get dosed.

Never made it to Lewiston yesterday. The budget was going to stretch thin as it was, not too mention we weren't up for high 90F temps. So we did our grocery shopping at WinCo. Got just about everything we needed, except the half and hald and heavy cream we needed for making ice cream. That will probably have to wait until next paycheck. There are a few items we still need to get food-wise. We did score int he meat department. They had chuck steaks for $1.68 a pound, chuck roasts for $1.48 a pound and fresh ham roasts for $1.16 a pound (or close to that amount). So we bought a pack of the steacks, 2 chuck roasts (7 and 8 pounds respectively) and 2 fresh ham roasts. When we got home, hubby manned the vacuum sealer and I cut meat. There were 3 steaks in the 1 package, I got 5 pieces each out of the roasts and we debones the ham and got 4 chunks total from those. The bones we saved for future soup making. Everything got matked and is now residing in the deep freeze.

Weather is cooler today, yesterday was a scorcher. Dinner was wilted greens, served very late last night. I cut a lot of greens from the garden, fried up some bacon and added basalmic vinegar and splenda to sweeten it. Tossed the greens with the bacon mixture and piled up the plates. Very yummy.

Pulled up all the spinach. I'm letting it dry so I can harvest the seed easily. I need to get out and sow the rest of the seeds from the packet I bought so I can have a late crop of spinach. The seeds I harvest will go for next years gardens. I'm finally gettng the garden thing figured out and each year I'm getting better at it, tho my tomatos in pots are not doing as well.

Comments