Can't sleep again

I've been having more problems of late getting to sleep, this is getting old.

So far the news on Shasta is pretty good. She's been reunited with her father. The news on Dylan is not so good. They found some remains in the Lolo Natinoal Forest over in Montana. Watching the news tonight, the folks at a gas station over in Kellogg ID are beating themselves when it was discovered on a security cam that the slime ball and Shasta had been there 6 hours before she was found in Coeur d'Alene. They shouldn't be beating themselves over it. I very much doubt anyone would think that slimy, piss poor of an excuse of DNA would be so brazen as to walk into a public place like that with a little girl whose pic is plastered all over North Idaho.

Weekend went fine. We got the old fridge out and the kitchen rearrainged. Hauled in some untility shelves for the time being, until I can get some better ones for the kitchen.

Harvested some of the sugar snap peas, I think I have enough to do a beef and pea pod stirfry this week. My broccoli is actually producing. I probably won't get much, but it is practice for broccoli next year. My spinach bolted big time, this is what I get for not beinga able to do as much in the garden. I will wait for it to seed and then save the seeds for next year. I won't plant as much next year as I want to use some of that space for something else.

The house is slowly getting into order. The dishes are almost caught up. I moved the table back in front of the bay window so we have more work space. The shelves we brought in went in where the table was. We now can walk into the kitchen from the front hallway hehehehe

Weather is looking very warm for this next week, good thing my lettuce is going gangbusters. We're going to be eating a lot of it as we'll want lighter dinners for a while, the less cooking I have to do, the better.

Picked up some walla walla sweets at Otto's on Firday, along with a quart of homemade huckleberry ice cream. The ice cream was a little pricey, but worth every penny. Dinner on was beer batterd chicken nuggets and onion rings. For the 4th I was going to make brats in beer and sweet onions, but a friend was coming thru town with her mom and we had a late lunch/early dinner out with them. The beer brats will wait for tonight.

Made beef jerky on Sunday, boy did it turn out delish. We used the marinade recipe from Alton Brown's Good Eats, but used the dehydrator I got thru Freecycle. Turned out fine. I've been copying recipes from theNesco site, the makers of my dehydrator, into my Accuchef recipe program. Lots of neat and yummy looking snacks that can be made in the dehydrator.

Okay, starting to feel sleepy, time to head off to bed again. 6am is going t be arriving too blasted early :(

Comments