lazy, lazy day

The rain finally came sometime this morning. I slept in until about 11:30am. Finally got up, had a bit of coffee and turned on the race (Nextel race from Dover) that I had recording. I am rather pissed off at FX channel tho. They started the coverage for the race right after the National Anthem. Sorry, that is no "pre-show" The dedications, presentation of colors AND the National Anthem are PART of the race and I want my National Anthem damnit!!!!! The really annoying thing is it is Fox who owns FX and when they run the race on Fox, it is part of the race coverage. I hate FX (plus their sound crew is piss poor, I can hardly hear the commentators over the race noise most of the time)..

WAAAHHHHH, Jeff is out of the race! Dad blast Tony Stewart!

J, her daughter T and I finally got out to the garden yesterday. I finally got those peas in the ground and we got more carrots and corn in. T did the hoing and I followed with the rake to smooth things out and J did the planting. The garden is coming along nicely. The radishes are already coming up and the tomato, squash and cucumber plants settled in quite well. There were pea seeds left over (I'd soaked the whole packet), so I planted those in my little pea patch where my pea pods didn't come up.

Here is the space we have. I wish I could have this much room at home:





Breakfast this morning was steak and eggs. I'd picked up another 5 doz eggs on Friday, got them for less the $5 the box at Safeway. I have a fresh pork roast I'd picked up a week ago and that is defrosting and I'll slow roast it in the new roasting pan with the rack. Haven't decided yet what to season it with, but it will give us plenty of leftovers for the week.

I should get some more dishes done. Living room is coming along, it is mostly clutter. Haven't decided if I'm going to do any laundry today, KiKi has decided the dirty towels in the basket on the machine makes a wonderful bed for the day LOL I think she is going to be a put out kitty, we need to have clean towels for the week.

Comments