Catching up again

Was a very lazy weekend, I was up and down feeling ick most of the time. Spent a lot of time on the couch. Saturday was my last day of the antibiotics and I am hoping they finally did the trick. I was feeling a lot better yesterday, I'd stopped coughing (mostly) which was a wonderful feeling. My temp has been back towards normal since yesterday, so I'm wondering if the antibiotics was keeping it boosted while it was killing off the icky bugs. Took quite a few naps and i stil feel like I need more sleep.

I did manage to get a few things done this weekend. We had to go to Wally World, no choice as there were a few things we can only get there in their pharmacy area and the cat food the kitties like when we can't get the Costco brand. While there I picked up several bags of potting soil so I can get the tomato and pepper starts into pots and outside. I picked up some small laundry baskets at the dollar store and I'll poke holes in the bottom and line them with plastic and those will be the planters for the veggies.

Saturday we went to a friends for a BBQ. Took steaks and bread and butter. It was a very nice evening, even tho my appetite was still shot and I was feeling crappy.

Here is our new toy:



It's a Presto Fry Daddy and we picked it up yesterday at TriState. We didn't plan on getting it, but hubby had a hankering for onion rings and we'd hit the grocery store for what we needed and then TriState for something else. We'd been looking at a Fry Daddy or something like it for a while. I still haven't gotten the hang of deep frying in the dutch oven and we finally decided to go the dedicated deep frier route. Hubby doesn't like the smell of deep fried as it is cooking and this cuts it way down as it heats to temp and stays there. The onion rings were so good I ate some (had to stop tho, onions don't like me). We probably could have gotten it at Wally World for less, but we'd rather give our money to local stores as much as possible. I can't wait to try my chicken nuggets in it. We're going to lay in some beer so I can whip up a beer batter when needed. I made an egg and milk batter for the rings and it was good, but beer batter will be so much better.

Comments