Okay

Hubby's got a call in for with the doctor's office. The nurse is going to check with the doc about me coming in to get the blood drawn first and then the doc can look at the results later. Otherwise it will be sometime next week before I can get in :( to have a doctor's appointment.

I couldn't bring myself to eat my lunch, at least the split pea soup part. I did manage some crackers and a chocolate chip cookie they had from the going away party for one of our student workers. I think the cookie was a bad idea, tho it was very tasty. Triggered off a tachycardia attack that wasn't pleasant. I'm all jittery and ready to start crying at a drop of a hat.

If I am hyper I'll go back on the PTU (anti-thyroid med). My doc isn't too thrilled with the idea, but I refuse to do radioactive iodine to kill my thyroid. Even tho they push it as a "cure" I know too many people who found they traded one type of thyroid hell for another one. If we could swing it I might see about surgery. Take out half the thyroid and while it may still be hyper, the hormones it would put out would be at "normal" levels" instead of high levels. My doc did talk with an endo about continued use of PTU when it lower white blood counts (it hammers the liver) and he told her that slightly lowered counts are ignored. I can take milk thistle supplements and that helps with liver health and I find it keeps my WBC up towards normal. Regular low doses of vitamin E and C also helps me and keeps the germs at bay.

I hope the doctors office call soon.

Comments