Catch-up time

I really did plan on going into work yesterday, I figured I could sleep most of the morning and go in in the afternoon. Didn't work out that way. I was still feeling like crap and hubby got me a doctors appointment so I had to cal and say I was not going to make it in.

So I get to the doctor late afternoon. Lungs clear, ears clear, very mild sore throat (didn't feel sore to me, but she said it was rather red). She isn't sure what I've got, but put me on anti-biotics for the weekend while they culture the blood they drew. Now that was a production. Took the poor nurse 10-15 minutes to finally find a vein she could take the first blood out of. The size of the syringe normally would have ha me cringing, but I was so ick I didn't care. I think it was a 60CC size. Then the 2nd one was even more fun. My veins disappeared completely. She had to get a 2nd nurse in to help find a vein. They ended up having to take it from the back of my hand. They were good tho, you can barely see a bruise.

If the cultures show something growing I'll get more anti-biotics. If not, I probably have something viral and I'll just have to wait for it to run its course. I'm feeling better today, temp is down more. Yesterday it pretty much stayed in the mid 99F.

So lots of rest and feeling a bit ticked off. This has put a kabosh in my plans for the weekend. We have Beltaine circle tonight and the Moscow Ren Faire this weekend and I can't attend either :(

Comments