Today

is going pretty well, even tho it is cooler this week, it is still too nice outside to be stuck inside :(

Oh well.

Got more time off coming up, taking April 1st and 4th off for another 4 day weekend. We'll be driving down to Eugene OR to visit a friend. With luck I can hit Trader Joe's again and pick up a few more things and possible another asian market. There is apparently a really big one south of Portland somewheres. I'll check with another friend and see where it is. I wouldn't mind stopping there and picking up a bigger selection of rice sticks of various shapes and sizes.

Ran the idea of taking every Friday off this summer past my boss, she didn't see any reason why not. I've been taking payday Fridays off, but since I have such a huge amount of annual leave built up I think a whole summer of 3 day weekends would be a great idea. Have to run it by our department boss, but I doudt she'll have much objections, she encourages us to take time off if we have it coming as long as it doesn't leave the department shortstaffed during critical times of the semester.

Made chili last night for dinner, poor folks chili :D took a couple pounds of hamburger from the freezer, a package of the spaghetti sauce I made previously, a can of tomato paste, some water and some pre-packaged chili seasoning (my aunt sent it to me after one of her trips and I haven't gotten around to trying it). A little salt, a bit of sesame oil and let it simmer a while. Put it in a bowl and tossed some shredded cheese on top and viola! Chili! I only used a bit of the chili seasoning as hubby isn't used to real spicy foods and I'm still working my way up to hotter flavors myself. The package came with recipes for "real" Texas chili, so I knew it would be too much for the both of us to use the whole packet. So I have lots leftover for more pots :D

Comments