I'm back!!!

Had a very nice trip, would have been much better if people over there would quit being such rude &%^$ while driving. On several occasions people deliberately sped up and charged us when we attempted lane changes and there was LOTS of room between cars. Coming into Portland we ended up going clear out of our way because someone charged and forced us onto the wrong highway. Then there are the people who insisted they HAD to talk on cell phones while weaving in and out of traffic. On a city street one woman had me completely terrified because she had her cell phone in her left hand pressed to her right ear AND was leaning over and writing notes on the clip board thru heavy downtown traffic .

The truely sad thing is, we aren't allowed to shoot them in self-defense.

Outside of that, we did have a good time. Hit Fry's Electronics in search of a component for the new laptop we got, but unfortunately, it is an older model (newer then the one I've previously mentioned) and nothing would work in it. Would be nice if companies would put the specs on the OUTSIDE of the packaging, so one wouldn't have to spend hours back and forth. Ended up getting into the parking lot and installing it while sitting in the car and then having to take it back in and exchange or return it. Did this at several stores. End result is, I know have a terminal I can use in the kitchen for my Accuchef cookbook program. We'd hoped to be able to use it for geocaching, but it looks like we just need to keep an eye out for a newer machine to do that with. Oh well!

Never did find the peanut oil in the size I wanted. But I did pick up some white basalmic vinegar at Trader Joe's, along with a couple packages of their mini meringue cookies (1 chocolate and 1 coconut). They REALLY need to build one closer to here, Spokane would be nice, Lewiston even better (as much as I would like one in Moscow, I don't want the Coop to close). Next time I go over I plan to take a shopping list.

Hit an asian market close to my friends place, as it was hoped I could find the peanut oil there. No such luck. I did however get a jar of tom ka guy sauce (Thai spicy coconut soup), a jar of pad thai sauce, a couple packages of rice stick noodles that are wider then what I can get locally, a couple packages of panko bread crumbs and a bottle of tamari (the first bottle I'd picked up was a small one and didn't show wheat in the ingredients, so I grabbed a larger bottle and didn't check. Got home and discovered it contained wheat. SIGH! Oh well, at least I have a nice bottle hubby and I can use and will look at picking up tamari at the COOP where I know they have a wheat free variety).

Hubby got most of the computer work done he'd gone over for. Hopefully we can go back in a couple months and he'll do some more work. If our friends can get him a few paying customers it would really help defray costs.

On the peanut oil front, I am now down to seeing if a couple of friends would be interested in splitting the box from the cash 'n carry. So I will check with my circle and see if anyone wants to go in on it.

We didn't leave Portland until about 4pm yesterday. Almost stayed an extra day, but I was ancy to get home. The GPS unit came in handy, we told it to plot the fastest route home and it shaved off about 45 minutes. So with a dinner break, gas and a stop and stretch, we got home a bit after 11pm.

It was so nice to be home, tho we have one VERY pissed off kitten. Nicky glared at me for an hour once we got home. We both picked him up and cuddled him, and I gave him kitty treats. This morning it looks like he has forgiven us, so hopefully he'll be back to his sweet, rambunctious self tonight. KiKi on the other hand :P Good thing I'd put the plastic on the bed. Little snot waiting until we got home and then promptly peed on it! I'd rather the silent treatment, but I guess she really wanted to let us know what she thought about our going away for a while. Mister was "Oh! You were gone?" LOL

While I was gone some of my tomato seeds sprouted. When they are big enough I will transplant them into bigger peet pots and then eventually into bigger pots out side.

Comments