Sunday!

and looking forward to a fairly quiet one. About all we have planned is the local geocache get together at the Mark IV restaurant this afternoon and take some recycling to drop off on the way.

We had a very busy day in Lewiston. Dropped off the car at Mr Windshield and they loaned us one of their trucks so we could get around town. Hit the Helm Restaurant for breakfast (if you are ever in Lewiston I highly recommend the Helm for a meal. The service is good and the food is FANTASTIC! I had the biscuitts and gravy with a side of ham and I was a happy camper all day.

So we were off to our first store, Black Sheep sporting goods, where we found everything we needed and then some. Then off across the river to Costco to pick up a few things. No grocery shopping this time as we'd gotten everything we needed last week, but picked up the 10 million candle power spotlight hubby wanted and my calcium citrate caps and a couple packs of batteries.

Back to Lewiston and up the hill to hit Shopko and then from there JC Penny's (the gal at Shopko mentioned she buys her hubby's big & tall clothes there, so we went to check it out. I've completely forgotten about Penny's for shopping since they closed in Moscow and I never go to the mall in Lewiston). Before hitting Penneys, we called to find out how the car was coming along. It was done, so we popped down the hill to get our car. We very highly recommend Mr Windshield for repair work, they were done early and a bit cheaper then quoted.

So back up the hill to Penney's, found hubby a funny t-shirt and said what the heck, wandered down to Gottschalks. They had a travel case similar to what we've been looking for to pack out meds and toiletries on sale, so we decided to use the gift card on that. They also had some really nifty hats that you can roll up and pack and we found a red one that looks really good on me and we bought that to (I didn't have a red hat yet. A purple one, a pink one and a green one, but not a red one :D So we'll hang on to what we have left on the card and maybe they will get in some nice summer tops soon and I can use up the card on those.

Then it was up the hill to Wally World as our last stop of the day. Picked up a pair of sweats for him and looked around to price other stuff. On a whim we stopped in their glasswares area and low and behold, they are carrying some barware. In specific a stainless steel double walled ice bucket with lid. Nice clean simple lines, $13 and pretty solid! We've not been able to find anything we liked online for less the $50. Needless to say, we snagged it. I've been wanting something that will fit into the 1950s motif I am planning for the kitchen and this ice bucket fits the bill wonderfully.

After that it was homeward bound for us. Hit Safeway to pick up some london broil (it was on sale and I have a couple packages I need to cut up and get in the freezer) and a couple things for dinner. Then it was home and fall down on the couch. I put some potatos in the oven and when those were done I pulled them out and wrapped them in foil to rest, put one of the london broils on the broiler pan and rubbed in olive oil and sprinkled on kosher salt and pepper. Broiled that and when it was ready, pulled it out and let it rest while I popped the artisan asagio cheese bread I'd sliced and sprinkled with olive oil under the broiler. It all made for a very yummy and simple dinner.

After dinner I enjoyed a nice glass of Christian Brothers cream sherry we'd gotten the night before (as much as I love Harveys Bristol cream, it is pricey and I do love the Crhistian Brothers just as much) and a warm bath (it was supposed to be hot, but somehow the cold water got turned on all the way and it was a lot cooler then I wanted, even after turning off the cold and running straight hot :( )

Slept in this morning and currently have the Daytona 500 recording on the DVR. This way I can go out and about and not miss the race (it is all Ls fault. She 's a big NASCAR fan and would come over to watch it here, Now I'M hooked :D ) But is nice to watch a sport where there is REAL sportsmanship and very few overpaid crybabies. You don't hear a lot of "I", you hear a lot of "my TEAM". I love watching the pitcrews in action and watching the skill of the drivers.

Well, time to putter about a bit.

Comments