Almost there!

Wednesday and one more day of work and then a 5 day mini-vacation. The weather is going to be nice and hubby got the map software for the GPS and we are going to get some other software registered so we can geocache on the way over, there and on the way back. Should make the trip even more fun :)

Stopped at Safeway last night to pick up another london broil while it was still on sale and they also had some top round roasts for the same price, so we got a couple of those. When we went thru the check out we found out that we'd hit the $100 goal for buying the Rancher's Reserve and got the form to send off for a free roasting pan with rack, so that went off in the mail this morning. I've been wanting a nice roaster of that type and since we like the RR meat, buying it to get the bonus wasn't really out of our way. Plus I've got plenty of meat sticked in the freezer.

Brought in a couple plants from home to keep at work. With the vegetable starts I have going I don't have enough room for them. So I brought in one angel wing begonia and the poor catus that Mister is bound and determined to kill. Bad enough the poor thing is coated with cat fur (I've tried combing it out, no luck, it has a permanent fur coat now), but being knocked to the floor on a monthly basis is not good for its health :( So I figured it would be safer at work. Of course it almost didnt' survive the trip. Hubby took a few corners a little fast and I had to re-pot it once I got here.

I may bring in a few more plants as I want to get more starts going in another month and really don't have the room. I have a couple ideas for shelves across those windows in the kitchen, whihc would be great for an indoor herb garden so I can have fresh herbs for cooking and hopefully have them out of the way so the kitties don't decide they are kitty treats :D

Comments