Weekends are too short

The one thing I hate about Sunday nights is I have to start getting ready for Monday morning. Oh well.

Yesterday we did make it to Lewiston, where we managed to walk out of Costco for less the $40. Picked up 2 more packages of chicken thighs, 2 packages of the super sweet frozen corn and a couple of bottles of worchestershire sauce. Grabbed a couple of slices of pizza there. Did you know that Costco has pizza to die for? One of these years we are going to get a whole one to bring home, tho I am not sure if it will make it up the hill before getting inhaled:D

Hit the cash 'n carry and finally got the can of roasted sesame oil, we were pretty much out, so we now have enough to last about a year since I blend it with oil oil and it is still as flavorable as it is.

Made up beer batter when I got home. I defrosted some of the chicken thighs and cut them in to smaller pieces and then dipped them in the batter and deep fried them for a variation on my chicken nuggets. Came out very tasty. I then tossed some frozen fries into the oil and twice fried them, quick fry til they are a bit limp, allow to sit for a minute on a rack and then fry them again. You get tasty crunchy on the outside fries.

Beer batter:

1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup flour
12 ounces beer (I used Miller's Genuine Draft)

Lightly beat egg, add flour baking powder, salt and mix in beer. Let batter sit for about an hour, heat oil in pan, dreg chicken pieces in corn starch and then dip in batter and fry til golden brown and delicious.

So, today we sleep in, get up, get coffee, get the sad news about Johnny Carson. Put a bit of a damper on the day. Did putter around a bit. Hit the dollar store to get a small can of coffee to get us thru the week. Popped out to a friends where we went over the Imbolc circle we are having next week. It is nice to have folk who like to put the whole thing together themselves, our coven is a group of cats and trying to get a rite figured out is like trying to herd cats at times. So we were able to a bit of socializing and all get home at a decent time.

Been working withAcuChef, the cookbook program I have. I'm working on making weekly menus so we can organize dinner a bit better. So far I only have it thru Wed and I have to hit the store to pick up an onion and some green onions tomorrow before going home, but it is a start and should help alot, esp since I now have moer food in the house then I know what to do with and I want to fix a variety of meals so it doesn't get boring.

We've wired a speaker from the EC into the bedroom, now I can listen to the TV and stereo when I am down there. I also got another batch of laundry soap made up, so I now have a good 6 months supply curing in the bucket.

Currently finishing getting dinner ready, baked potatos with ranch sour cream, roast pork sirloin and corn. Roast should be done in a few minutes. I plan on some leftover pork as I am going to use it for fried rice for Wed for dinner. Tuesday the plna is beef with stirfried veggies, so I will make extra rice for the fried rice.

Comments