Sweeeet!

Got home last night and was able to give the food dehydrator a good looksee. It was fairly dusty and dirty, but then again, living in a small town surrounded by fields and half the streets are gravel it isn't too surprising. So put the cover and the trays and all in the sink for a wash, opened up the unit to get into the fan and heat mechanism (at one point hubby doing a "LOOK! It's Elvis!" to get me to look another direction while he dealt with a too many legged that deserved to be flattened), shook some dirt out and plugged it in.

Fan started right up, heat coil worked and there was warm air blowing. So we unplugged it and I hauled it into the bathroom and ran the hand-held shower head over it to thoroughly flush it out and then gave it a good scrub. It's been drying since then.

Along with the 4 trays, it came with a couple screen inserts for drying herbs and a couple of inserts for doing fruit sheets, so I think we scored big time. I can't wait to start using it. We went to the American Harvest website and downloaded the owners manual for it and also a dehydrator cookbook.

I've been passing the word about the local Freecycle group among my co-workers and friends so it will grow.

Weather was cooler today, mostly cloudy and damp. Rained in the wee hours of the morning and are expecting more over the next couple of days.

I think my allergies are kicking up. I've been sneezing and itching a lot, so I popped a loratidine this morning. I keep a supply in my purse for days I usually forget to take one (it is a once a day dose). I'll see about adding them to my morning pill minder as I have gotten back into taking my multi-vit, flax oil cap and calcium suppliments in the morning. Before bed I take another flax oil and calcium cap, those things are frickin' horse pills!!!!

Comments