Nice quiet Sunday

Processed those two big flats of hamburger we bought the other day last night. One flat I mixed with spices and such and turned them into burger patties, most of which are now in the freezer for future dinners. Half of the other became a big pot of spaghetti sauce that has been cooling overnight in the fridge so I can repackage it today and the other half I packaged in a couple of portions for use in something else in the future.

Currently defrosting a big baggy of turkey stock so I can start on the soup. Haven't decided what kind, but I do have a couple packages of stirfry veggies int he freezer, along with partial bags of veggies and the leftover chicken from the other night, so it looks like I'll be making chicken/veggie soup.

Weather today is sunny and cold, currently about 35 degrees F. Snowed a bit last night, not enough tho to throw Nicky into a snow bank. He's starting to get a wee bit aggressive, so we HAVE to see about getting him edited soon. He hasn't started spraying that we know of, so we still have a little time. He just may be frustrated that his brothers aren't out all the time so he has someone to play and roughhouse with, so it just may be he's got too much energy built up and he's taking it out on us and the other kitties.

Finished watching About Schmidt with Jack Nicholson. I'd started it the other morning and finally finished it today. Wonderful movie. I do so love it when Jack actually gets to play someone other then Jack Nicholson (whihc is what it seems most of his movies are). This movie was up there with As good as it gets.

Currently trying to resolve the dilemma of the gift card we got for Chrsitmas. It is for a local department store and unfortunately they have nothing we want or can use. They got rid of their men's big and tall, so nothing fits hubby, their women's section is small and I have tops out the ying yang, so I don't need shirts or blouses and their largest pants sizes run 2 sizes too small for me and they don't come anywhere near large enough for good winter coats that I can use. Their houseware department is pretty no-existant (for appliances in the store all they have are the Jack LaLane juicer) and what is on their website is very limited, over priced even on sale and nothing we need. What we want is a food vacuum seal kit and if we can't fix our microwave, a new one. Definately have to mention next year a gift card to Shopko is the best route to go. We are trying to see if we can get the store to give us cash in exchange for it, but if it was bought with a credit card, no go. We've tried seeing if one of our frineds would like to buy it, but they either can't wear anything from there or they've seriously over extended themselves for the holidays. If we can't exchange it for cash, I'll see if one of my co-workers might be interested, otherwise we'll just have to check the website weekly and see if they eventually have something we can use the card on.

Well, tomorrow I go back to work, I've been liking having the time off, I haven't felt guilty once, but I am also running out of things to do around the house. I'll take the tree down next weekend, it is still too nice to take out just yet. I'll slowly put away the rest of the decorations, i love the lights and sparklies too much to take everything down all at once. Too much of a shock.

Comments