Happy New Year everyone!

We get to start ours out looking for a new microwave or at least trying to figure out what happened to ours. I'd been defrosting chicken in it last night and when I set it again to finish defrosting (it didn't quite defrost all the way, I usually under set the time to keep it from cooking it) it either stopped working after a minute or didn't start at all. I set it and went back in the living room and after a few moments I realized I wasn't hearing it. Went out and it was completely off. We checked the plugs, outlets and everything. We had it on a surge protector and that was still working. Hubby got the cover off and can see anything obviously wrong, so he'll wait one more day for it to fully discharge before poking at it. Needless to say, I am NOT a happy camper, I really rely on the microwave for a lot of food prep and re-heating. SIGH!!!!!!

I am currently CPAPless, I was right I could have had it on Wednesday, talked to the company and everything, but the insurance threw a spanner int he works insisting they HAD to have pre-authorization paperwork before they'd even consider letting me have the machine. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR The gentleman from the medical supply company is doing eveything he can to get them to hurry up. So in the meantime I am not sleeping and breathing as usual. Hubby is a sweetie tho, we found out for sure what my pressure is going to be and he knows how to re-set his machine, so I can at least take naps using it, then for bedtime he re-sets it for him. Not a perfect solution, but I can at least get some rest, I was getting positively homicidal Wed & Thurs afternoon without the rest I need. So with luck I can get the darn thing this next week. I'm seriously bummed tho, I wanted to go bouncing into work and surprise the heck out of my co-workers who have gotten used to me draggin in like something the cat refused to drag in LOL At least I don't have students to deal with, they don't come back for another week.

Had a very enjoyable New Year's Eve. Baked the aforementioned chicken for a light supper, hit the dollar store for chips and pretzels, we'd picked up a couple bottles of Andre champagne at Winco and stashed those on the porch to chill, invited one set of neighbors over (the other side was going to his mom's to spend New Year's with her), watched classic Popeye cartoons, drank martinis, noshed on chips and then poured a bottle of the bubbly stuff at midnight. Finally got to bed around 1 am. All in all, a wonderful way to spend the evening. Got up this morning, had coffee and watched the Rose parade on HGTV, I love the way they cover it, no commerical breaks, the people know what the floats are made of and they cover the parade, not babble about themselves like the network personalities do (okay, they do joke around with each other, but it makes for a nicer coverage then the networks do).

We considered going over to a friends house to spend the evening, but decided to stay in. We had snow yesterday morning and things were a bit icy on the roads, so that probably was a very good idea.

Weekend plans are to see about making a big batch of spaghetti sauce to split into smaller containers and freeze them, I think I'll do up a pot of soup, part to be frozen also and try out the bread machine recipe for banana bread. I've a few bananas that are definately banana bread ready. Going to do burgers and fries for dinner tonight.

Comments