Good morning!

Very springlike today, tho with a bit of a chill. I think I will see about getting some seeds started this weekend, so I will have a head start on the tomatos. Get them really big before transplanting them outside when it is time.

I posted the clothes to the Moscow Freecycle list last night. Woke up this morning with someone wanting to take them. WOW! that was fast, I figured it would take a while, esp since the list is still small. So once we figure out what we are doing today I can arrange to get her the clothes.

I much rather give things either to the local shelters or directly to someone so I KNOW they will be used and appreciated. Goodwill here sends the stuff up to Spokane and gives Value Village a first crack at it. The excuse is they don't want local people to be embarrassed to see someone else wearing their clothes. The problem is, we don't really get any of the good stuff sent here, they sell it all to Value Village and places like that. I for one LIKE to see someone getting enjoyment out of things I can't use anymore.

Looks like we have a bit of money to hit Costco this weekend, I'm hoping for today just to get out of town (not too mention on Saturdays they have the free samples :D ) I would like to get more of the sweet white corn (I want to make a batch of sweet corn and chicken chowder), more chicken thighs, see if they have peanut oil and hit the cash 'n carry and get another can of toasted sesame oil as we are almost out of that. Maybe pick up more kitty food, tho we still have several weeks worth and we can always hit Wally World to get some Special Kitty brand if need be. I do need to hit the regular store and pick up some bananas. I do need to make more banana oatmeal muffins so hubby can have something in the mornings.

Well, time to make more coffee Need to put that on the shopping list, we are running low EEK!

Comments