Okay!

4 sticks of butter warming up on the counter, chicken for my dinner defrosting in the microwave, pot with kosher salt, water and peppercorns heating up on the stove and hubby is off working on a clients computer. Looks like I am all set for the evening.

Since we are doing Yule on Sat I decided to make a double batch of snickerdoodles, tho I may only bake part of them tonight and hold off on baking the rest until Saturday. Will see how I am doing later.

In a few minutes I will be watching the SciFi miniseries Legend of Earthsea. I've been hearing bad things about it and from what little I have seen in the commericals it IS bad. Casting all wrong, charactors who never existed are invented and they have fucked up the storylines of the 1st 2 books of the original trilogy by Ursula LeGuin completely by coimbining the 1st two books and then screwing the plots of them royally. I figure I should watch it so I trash it legitimately. I loved the books as a kid, I loved them as a young adult and I love them today.

Peter Jackson showed us that good fantasy can be adapted to the screen and still be very faithful to the original source material, even if they make minor changes. I am currently into the 1st few minutes of the series and I am ready to cry, this has nothing TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL STORIES :mad: i'm feeling the need to hunt down the filmmakers and feed them their livers ^%%$^#

Comments