Happy Day after Christmas everyone!

Hope everyones day went well. We had a very nice quiet day. Crawled off to bed about 10:30 pm on Christmas Eve, we were so tired, slept in and got up to no snow :( Still haven't got any, it is sunny and warm out this morning! I want my snow "HEY TEXAS! SEND MY SNOW BACK YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!!!!!!" LOL

So got up and listened to the Today show, then fried up some bacon and made homemade blueberry muffins. Opened the prezzies from my mom and aunt, finished watching Deathtrap, which we'd started the night before, but got too tired to finsih.

We didn't find anymore garland at Shopko, but I did get a rubbermaid wrapping paper container. Also scored the DVD of the 1951 Alistair Sim Scrooge AKA "A Christmas Carol", my very favorite version of the adaptations. So we watched that Christmas Eve with a glass of homemade egg nog. The DVD contains the original black and white version and the colorozed version. We checked out the colorized one for a bit, technically well done, but the whole charm of the original was the use of shadows in the black and white, which made the scary scenes that much scarier.

So dinner on Christmas Day was English influenced. A 4 blade roast with Yorkshire pudding and then I had broccoli for the veg and brown and serve rolls. Dessert was egg nog with our neighbor. At dinner I got to play with our prezzie to ourselves. At Tri-State we'd FINALLY found the electric knife we've been wanting. It is one that Alton Brown of Good Eats uses on some of his shows, the Black & Decker Ergo electric knife. I used it to slice the roast and OOOOOOOOOOOOO sliced the roast like it was butter and we could get almost paperthin slices. I can't believe I've gone this long with out it. I had an electric kinife, but it was my grandmothers and it was old.

Was in bed early, about 9:30 pm, I'd even taken a nap yesterday I'm still so tired. But hopefully within a week I'll be less tired.

Now that Christmas and Yule are over, time to get my journal ready for the New Year, lookwise :) So have to come up with a good New Year's theme.

I'll post the recipes for the Blueberry muffins and the Yorkshire puddings in another post, but in the meantime I finally got before and after pics of my Charlie Brown christmas tree. I couldn't get any good pics of the tree without the flash so the lights would show up, the pics are a bit too big to put on the journal, but you can find them on my photo album under Christmas 2004.

Comments