The weekend is almost here!!!!

And it is a cold, blustery day. At least it is Friday.

It is also officially Fall, I dug out the storage bag with all my sweaters in it yesterday so I can have warm tops to wear for work when I don't feel like layering with jackets and such.

Tomorrow is our 11th wedding anniversary. We have no special plans, mostly becasue we are doing Samhain tomorrow. I tend to think of Dec 18th as my real wedding anniversary as that was when I had the church (Unitarian), the dress, the march down the aisle with my Dad and the whole 9 yards. The 10/30 wedding in Vancouver BC was nice, his parents and family could attend, but it was a quicky ceremony with a Marriage Commissioner and then a nice luncheon afterwards, but all the ceremony was abbreviated and while it satisfied the US govt for immigration purposes, just wasn't the same.

So we are doing Samhain tomorrow and I still have a few things to do, like make the corn dolly to represent the father of a friend who passed a couple months ago, make something for the feast and find all my costuming stuff (esp something for a black veil, I'm one of the Harbingers of Death (have I mentioned we are doing a Dino D Demented production? hehehehehehe) and pack my thermies. I also have to remember tomorrow to get Freddy out of the deep freeze as he'll be going on the Samhain bonfire. We keep meaning to take him out to bury him at the farm, but never quite got around to it.

Weather for tomorrow is supposed to be cold and wet (hence the thermies for under my robes). It hasn't rained on us yet for a major Rite, but no sense in tempting fate. There are several of us who do a bit of weather magic, so with luck and the Gods willing, we should be able to hold the rain off for the outdoor portion of the Rite.

We've decided that we are going to take Sweet Corn and shredded Chicken soup. I've got just about everything I need (tho I haven't made it before) and I'll probably go with the simplest recipe I can find on the net. I will pick up some ginger tonight as that seems to be one of the common ingredients to all the recipes I've seen so far. Having some on hand would be a good thing anyways.

Even tho we usually don't get trick or treaters, I'm going to get some candy just in case. We did have a family move in down the road this summer and they have kids, so they just might come around. If not, well, I'll be picking up our favorite candy so it won't go to waste :D

Comments