A new week

Prepped the onions and garlic last night for the pot roast, tossed everything in this morning while getting coffee, added a bit of water and basalmic vinegar. Haven't quite decided what to have for a side, may resort to packaged potato stuff if I don't feel like doing cous cous or rice. I'm tossing a sirloin prok roast in the crockpot tomorrow and then Wed I'll do something with chicken. Thurs and Fri will use the leftovers from pot roast and the pork roast. Not sure how, but that is as far as I've planned as yet :P

The bread turned out pretty acceptable, tho rather short and dense LOL but quite tasty. Will have to see about picking up proper bread flour this weekend. Got several containers of chicken stock in the freezer now, so I now have the basis for a number of recipes.

Weather is still nice, tho I am definately making sure I cover the garden at night. I still need to come up with something better then sheets, will look thru cupboards and see if I have any plastic sheeting left. Definately will have to see if my clear plastic garbage bags will cover the window frames I have, I can cover thse with the bags and use them like I did the windows on the other garden spot.

After a weekend of very little twitching, I'm back to going nuts this afternoon. I got my blood results back and thyroid and calcium levels are all great. So that eliminates a couple causes. So I am probably looking at it being caused by sleep dep. I didn't get to sleep until late last nite (brain going a mile a minute the minute my head hit the pillow) and it was very broken sleep all night. While I kept waking up on Fri & Sat nites I slept in both days so I wasn't as tired as I am today. We hooked up the camcorder Fri nite, darn thing will only stay on barely 2 hours. Hubby is going to check the manual to see if we can keep it going longer, we have it hooked to the VCR in the bedroom and we were recording to it.

Looks like Mount St Helens is grumbling again. She had another hiccup today and they are predicting a bigger event sometime in the neat future. I still very much doubt we'll see anything like the 1980 blowup, but I bet she will put up a pretty neat show when she does.

The mystery of the tomato "pills" seems to be solved. Between the folk on my organic gardening list and the head greenhouse guy over at WSU, it seems there is a new type of tomato called the "Mini Tom" and there are several different varieties of them. So it looks like I have the seeds for one of them. Can't wait to see what I get with them next year.

Comments