A great way to spend a Sunday

A chicken carcass stocking on the stove, banana nut bread in the oven, a loaf of white in the bread machine and NASCAR on the telly :D

I have to confess, I am getting hooked on NASCAR, I am really enjoying it. I don't understand all the points and stuff, but I love watching the cars speeding around the track and watching the skill of the drivers.

I'm experimenting with the banana bread. I ran some oatmeal thru the food processor to make flour and mixed the oat flour in with the white flour, equal amounts. So will see what kind of bread turns out. Smells yummy.

My neighbor loaned me her bread machine, I didn't have bread flour, just all purpose, so will see what kind of loaf I get. I will probably see about getting regular bread flour next shopping day (my list is growing).

Am starting my weekly dinner menu, tomorrow I'll pop a pot roast in the crock pot and let that cook all day. I'll do the same with a pork roast probably on Tues. Bewtween the two that should give me leftovers to plan dinners the rest of the week. Add some chicken and we're set :)

Weather is gorgeous today, I've got the house open and the lovely smell of breads is wafting in from the kitchen. I'll slice and freeze one loaf of the banana bread. I'll freeze the chicken stock and what chicken I can peel off the carcass for future use

Comments