A fairly nice day today

Weather was wonderful, I'm hoping it sticks around a while, tho it is supposed to get a bit rainy this weekend.

Didn't get much sleep last night. Haven't the past few night, not going to bed until almost 11pm isn't helping. The twitches are back big time today and I ain't happy. That little snot Nicky didn't come in last night when I hollared, which is in part why I went to bed late last night. I couldn't sleep well with him outside (coyotes are moving closer to town off the ridge) and I ended up letting him in about 2-2:30 this morning.

Hiked down to the student rec center at lunch today. They were having the annual Health & Wellness fair. I like going, there is usually a lot of vendors and information tables with lots of good info (and some very questionable info also, you gotta be careful and really investigate what you pick up). As usual there was lots of interest at the various massage booths, so I didn't bother (not too mention if I did go for one, I woulnd't make it back to work, I'd be in a very relaxed puddle onthe floor LOL).

Did get some good info at the Red Cross booth. I've not donated in quite a while because of the Graves Disease. I kept getting conflicting info on if I could donate. Lucked out, the lady I talked to also has Graves and said I should be able to donate no problem when I told her I was in remission. Since I am A- I feel guilty about not donating (tho if I do have to go back on the ATDs I won't be able to, the anti-thyroids mess things up). Funny thing is I hate needles, but because of that I tend to fill a pint bag in record flat hehehehehehe, amazing what sheer terror can do :D

One reason I like the fair is it is the only time I can get a real Idaho potato here in Idaho LOL. Except for the boxed potato stuff, they don't sell Idaho potatos in Idaho, they are all shipped out of state. So lunch today was a nice baked Idaho spud, samples of bocca burgers, a very nice orange juice smoothie and an apple. A nice change from my usual leftovers. I wish bocca burgers and such weren't so darned expensive, I'd like to have them more often. We'll pick up a box or two if they go on sale, haven't seen them on sale for a while.

Got a surprise for hubby, we just got in the newest Discworld novel "Going Postal". I haven't told him about it yet, I'll surprise him with it when he picks me up after work.

Garden is still ticking along. I've been leaving it covered during the day now and that seems to be helping a lot. The cherry tomatos are still going strong and I should be able to start picking some of the green bell peppers this weekend. I've one pot of them I'm going to bring in this weekend so I can finish growing it inside.

My meal planning has been a bit off this week, I do need to get back on it. We've ended up hitting the store a couple times and then fixing something when we get home. I do have a pork roast I am going to prep tonight and have hubby pop it in the oven tomorrow to slow roast. I was thinking crock pot, but decided to dry oven roast it instead. Probably look at seasoning it with a wet rub of mustard and some spices (which reminds me, I need to look for recipes for making my own mustards. We'd found some really delish ale mustard, and then Winco stopped carrying it. Never fails, we find something we like and they discontinue it or stop carrying it).

Comments