Monday, Monday.....

and a pretty decent one at that. Today went pretty fast and so far (except for the system going down for 15 minutes) nothing has gone wrong (knock on wood).

Weekend was pretty good. We did Costco and the Cash n Carry. Didn't get the peanut oil, what they had was pretty darned expensive. Picked up 5 liters of olive oil at Costco for about $17. We had been getting the 1 gallon can of Roland's brand at the Cash n Carry for about $15 or so, but that was priced at close to $25!!!!!! Needless to say, we'll stick with the Costco olive oil for a while. Picked up some boneless country pork ribs for $1.99 a pound. That will make a few nice meals. Did pick up some beef at Safeway, all at $1.99 a pound. Picked up a London Broil, some top round steaks and a huge chuck roast. Everything got cut in half and wrapped and frozen and are all awaiting my brilliant ideas for cooking them :D Picked up more butter from Wally World, still the cheapest source of butter in the Quad City area. If I hadn't mentioned it before, thank the Goddess for deep freezes.

Tonight I am going to broil one of the London Broils and serve it with a veggie and brown rice (fingers cross the brown rice turns out. I've been getting tips and hints on cooking it from the folk on the Good Eats Fan Page board. Tonight I'm going to try boiling it in vegetable stock instead of water). Dinner last night was 40 clove roast chicken. I split the chicken and stuffed garlic cloves under the skin and coated the skin with sesame oil and sprinkled the Johnny's Garlic Ceasar Seasoning on it, spinkled garlic cloves around it and served the chicken over basmati rice. It was the first time I cooked basmati rice that didn't come in a box. Turned out pretty good. Going to cook up a big batch and see how well it works as fried rice.

Giving serious thought on getting a bread machine. I would like to expand our bread repertoire to include more whole grains and bread that isn't loaded with tons of preservatives. Not too mention I do love the smell of fresh baked bread. I do want one that makes a tradtionally shaped loaf tho, don't care for the ones that make round ones.

Weather is still nice, tho I did cover my tomatos last night.

Didn't do a whole heck of a lot this weekend. Did celebrate Mabon with the coven Saturday night. Very nice Rite and just coven members. We are doing more closed circles, which is nice. I do like open ones, but there are times when we just need to do rite for ourselves.

Watched the premire of CSI: New York (we'd recorded it). SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had such high hopes for it, but looks like another formulaic, artsy fartsy show. What is wrong with having light? I'm getting tired of seeing shows with crappy lighting. I wouldn't mind if they used honest to goddess natural lighting, but no, it all has to have some kind of tint. It is very distracting and annoying. The crime premiss was the only thing keeping me watching, the lighting was turning me off, the rest of the script was crap and if I see one more scene where the investigators are searching a room that has electricity and lights with the lights off and using a teeny tiny flashlight I may go postal. Drats, I really like Gary Sinse, but he can't save this show. I think I will stick with the shows on Discovery et al where they have real investigators who turn on lights when they walk into the lab.

Comments