I WAS getting better

If you've checked out my profile you'll have seen I dislike spiders. Have since I was about 5. My phobia can be so bad that I have been known to throw books at patrons if the books in question had pictures of spiders on the cover or end papers (I don't MEAN to throw the books at the patrons, they just happen to be in the way as I am screaming and thrusting the picture away from me at a rapid rate). Co-workers who process new books will usually put new ones I need to process for patron in mailers when they send them to me with a note the book is about spiders. I DON'T LIKE SPIDERS!


But I have been getting better, I can usually dispatch the smaller ones with very little screaming and have been able to come get my hubby to deal with the larger ones without hysterics. Last night however...... I had booted up the 'puter to play Diablo III and the danged thing kept rebooting itself (which was REALLLY annoying as I had just purchased a defense of 17 helm with 2 sockets that I promptly put my 2 flawed skulls in for regen life +6 and regen mana +16 and when I got back in, that helm was gone), the next time is rebooted, it came back with a messasge along the lines of main hard disk failure and beeped at me. So I call hubby and while he was fiddling with that I picked up the pants of his I've been hemming up off the floor. At which point something huge with WAYYYYYY too many legs skuttled out from a crease and across the pants. Needless to say I screamed and threw the pants across the room, just as hubby was unplugging my hard drive from the 'puter. Once he figured out why I screamed, he put down the hard drive and proceeded to chase the spider (I think it was a hobo, I wasn't going to take a close look) across the room and dispatched it.

I really am getting better, I didn't go for the shotgun and I did calm down pretty fast. Normally I would be trying to shred the skin on my arms trying to get the creepy crawly feelings they give me to go away. I didn't get that feeling this time :)

Comments