YIPES!

Currently the temp in the house and outside agree. It is going to be a scorcher today.

Saw the new kittens last night, markings are the same as the last batch, so we know who papa was again. One of the kittens is a tri-color like her mommy, there is one ginger and white and the rest are gray tigers and white.

Speaking of kittens, we are beginning to think Nicky is not a she, but a very late blooming he. She is developing what appears to be a "package" and is definately not looking female-like in that area. She is due for her next set of shots, so we'll have the vet double check (she thought Nicky was female the last time we were in in May). Male or female, we won't love her any less (tho if she is a he, we may be talking the neighbors out of the calico kitten as we KNOW it is a she and we can finally get this lot balanced evenly).

Wouldn't be the first time I've had a kitty do this too me. When I was in high school (actaully just graduated), we went to the pound and got a new kitten to replace my Punkin who'd crossed the Rainbow Bridge a couple months before. We wanted a male, they assured us the kitten we picked was a male, we brought the book with how to sex a kitten home and it seemed to agree the kitten was male as did our vet. So he became Marcellus T Washburn (I was doing Music Man at the time). Well off to college I went and a few weeks later my folks called to tell me Marcellus just had kittens!!!!! What everyone said was a very young male was a rather mature female who was small for her age. So Macellus became Marci. My folks kept one kitten from the litter and he became Tigger and the rest went to good homes.

Todays chores, washing the throw rug KiKi nailed (I line dry it so I won't have to run the dryer), do last nights dishes, mow the lawn when it cools down, finish digging the strip by the driveway (I'd put the rest of the hens and chickens there and J will be bringing me some more calendulas either today or tomorrw), finish putting away stuff from the trip and just straigten things up.

Comments