Yesterday

Was definately a don't do much day. Dropped by a friends house to drop off a mirror we had and an old coffee table top that needs legs. Those are now out of my house. While there I got jealous in regards to their garden, then again, she has a very green thumb and they also have the room for a large garden. Came home with a bag of lettuce greens, some cabbage leaves and edible nasturcium leaves for salad for several days. Got some great tips from her garden-wise.

Spent an hour or so at Moscow Building Supply looking for a few things, asking about paints (we need to repaint the toilet and the bathroom sink. Also figure out how to make the bathtub look nicer), checking out lumber prices for a floor to ceiling book shelf down the hallway to replace the bookcases I have stacked there. They are getting old and take up a good 1/4 of the hallway space, so are looking at 1X6s as shelving.
Then wandered around Tri-State and priced out a few things we'll be needed a little later in the year.

My neighbor looked at my cherry tomatos in the pot and suggested they were either lacking in something nutrietn-wise or were over-crowded. So I picked up some Schultz' potting mix with the extra stuff in it and moved 2 of the plants into their own pots and shifted the 3 that were left around so they have more room.

I also dug up a bunch of irises that were attempting to crawl out to the driveway and split them up and gifted them to my neighbors on either side of me. A few I kept for myself to plant elsewhere in my flower garden.

Need to go home this evening and make some solution of dish soap, garlic and cayenne pepper in water. My one gardeing friend thinks that moths are turning my rhubarb leaves into lace, so she suggested the solution as a way to get them to leave my plants alone.

And we think we have solved the mystery of the pitter patter of little feet on our roof in the mornings. I was thinking cats, but there are times there are more then on critter up there. Hubby noticed this morning when he was looking out of the bedroom window a bird hopping from the roof of the shed to our roof. Immediately we heard the pitter patter of something running up and down the roof. He thinks it is a quail, of which we have an abundance (hmmmm, wonder what the regs are on catching quail hehehehe). So they are using our roof as a running track. Beats the heck out of the woodpecker that used to bang away on the roof of our old apartment.

Comments