The trip is on!

FINALLY got a mechanic to give us an almost definate answer to our car problem. He said there was a 90% chance it is the center differential as he's come across the problem before. As long as we don't make lots of tight turns, he says going over to Portland and back will not be a problem. YAY!!!!!!!!! We can deal with replacing things when we get back.

Since we are going, I dropped our friend a note asking if she can check around her local gardening shops to see if they sell, or know where I can find the right kind of composting worms. I really want to get my bin up and running before winter. You'd think that finding the darned things locally would be easy, but either they've never heard of them, got out of the business a couple of years ago or just hand you the URLs for places in California or Texas.

Temps are getting up there, slept with the window open and I didn't need more then a sheet at most. Dinner last night was steak on the grill, salad and corn heated up in the microwave. Too hot to even THINK of turning on the stove. Today is going to be hotter, so it looks like dinner will be chicken on the barbie. Have to see how much aluminum foil I have and look at doing the veggies in a foil bag on the grill.

My garden is still ticking away, everything seems to be liking the hot weather as the peppers and eggplants are actually growing taller. Now if they would just get big enough to fruit I will be very, very happy. At this rate, I'll be harvesting long after the local produce folk have stopped bringing their wares to the farmer's market. Next year I am DEFINITELY going to plan this garden better, I am seriously jealous of all the folk who have veggies to pick now in their gardens..

Poor Nicky isn't happy about the heat. She still hasn't figured out the bathtub method of keeping cool. Whenever it got really hot, we were guaranteed to find Adric stretched out in the tub staying nice and cool hehehehehe

Comments