My weekend

We had a blast and the car behaved itself (then again, once we got to our friends, it only went out once and that was to take another friend to lunch. Our hosts drove us around the rest of the time).

Friday we got up, threw everything in the car and then waited for the bank to open and then did a little bit of running around town. Picked up road munchies, paid a couple bills and then headed out. We went via Lewiston as gas is cheaper and the drive via highway 12 is prettier then the route via Colfax and across to highway 385 and then south.

Hit Wiatesburg and we were going to take the 124 cutoff, but they were doing road work, so we turned around and headed back to 12 and went via Walla Walla.

Got to see karma in action just past Walla Walla. Some idiot passed us and a semi together and almost ran an oncoming vehicle off the road. The idiot kept trying to pass vehicles up ahead, but never could. We eventually saw a cop coming our way who flipped a U turn behind us, hit his lights, and moved in behind the idiot and nailed him. Once everone was past him, the 2 semi's up ahead who were traveling below the speed limit sped up and we were all on our merry way. Gotta love CB's hehehehehe, we figured the semi in front of us hollared at the other two and they proceeded to jam the idiot and called him in.

Had a smooth trip across, I napped a bit. Stopped and took some pics of folk who were para sailing/surf boarding o the river at Hood River, looks like a lot of fun. I'd like to try it some time.

We managed to hit Portland just before 6pm, hit a bit of rush hour where 84 merges into 205, so had a slow down, but people were nice and let us in no problems. We were amazed. Called our friends and they gave us final directions to their place as the last time we were there, someone else drove.

Sat we puttered around with their family and then went to a party with our friends that night, met some neat people.

Sunday we all went to the bead show. Stopped for lunch at the Denny's near the convention center and stoked up on fuel before tackling the show (this Denny's has spoiled me for any others, the food was EXCELLENT!!!!). Our friends are into beading, so they'd gotten several free passes, so we didn't need to pay to get in.

Lots and lots of tables with beads, crystals, stones, findings, etc. What I like to do when I go to any show is so do a quick reccie around to see what is what, stopping briefly here and there and then make the whole circuit. By the time I got back, my friends still hadn't left the first table. So off I went again. I need to remember the next time I do that, that when I decide to "read" stones and crystals that I should NOT drop my shields all together hehehehehe. I hooked up with hubby on the 2nd go around and was going to take him to one table (he had the money) and had to hang onto the back of his chair as I was suddenly loopy as all get out. Between the stones and the poeple I had one heck of vibration going. Sat down for a while and slammed my shields shut again and things got better. Problem I have is either my shields are all the way up or down, I have problems with part way. I am getting better, but when I am tired and surrounded by lots of intense folk, it gets erratic.

How did I manage to get away with only a $4 purchase? Not a whole heck of a lot "talked" to me. I'm not into beading myself, tho I do occasionally like to make something, I was more interested in the crystals and stones a number of folk had. There were a few that mumbled at me, but not enough to hold my interest. There was one table with some serious silver items with LOTS of sparklies that triggered the raven in me, but nothing that really jumped out at me. So, with the exception of the little pig carved from opalite (and a few items priced in the 3 digit range we couldn't afford anyways), nothing said anything loud enough to come home with me.

Monday hubby worked on all their computers, both home and office and I curled up on the couch and napped most of the day. It was nice. Hubby however encountered his ultimate nightmare, Windows XP on a Compaq machine hehehehehe. He got things running smoother and with luck he can swing service contract with them fr ther businss ad we can gotevery coupl fothsad get paid for it.

Went out to lunch with our friend L, went to a buffet called Taste of Asia. Yummy, had Thai, sushi, and Chinese. Some of the Thai I couldn't have as it had shrimp in it, so I made hubby try it and tell me how it was (actually I go a little bite after he made sure there was no shrimp. I'm not sure how much shrimp will cause me to have a reaction). For dinner that night, we got Thai take out, oh that was esp yummy.

Tuesday we crawled out of bed, packed up our stuff, did coffee, loaded up the car and hubby worked a little on the kids' computer and got it running smoother. We popped into the office so hubby could finish tweaking that computer and then we finally headed out. We went to Fry's Electronics in Wilsonville to check it out. Hubby had been hearing all about it all weekend and wanted to see it. So south we drove and finally found it. I was seriously unimpressed tho. It had lots of stuff, but most of the floor staff were seriously unhelpful WHEN we could get one to slow down and answer questions. It could be part of it was we hadn't eaten anything yet that day, just coffee and we were running ragged (update from D, the staff were surprised that day with painters and moving stock, no one had told them, including the managers. Needless to say they were as frazzeled as we were, so I won't blame them for my feeling bitchy then), BUT we did pick up an wireless optical mouse for hubby and a wireless keyboard and mouse for me. He'd picked up a memory card for his PDA and it didn't work in his PDA. We returned it right away and it was several hours later he noticed the format command. So we figure there was a reason for him not getting it yet.

So we finally got on the road a bit after 3 and stopped in Pasco for dinner (we'd grabbed some cheese burgers at McDuck's after we left Fry's) and then headed home via Waitsburg and Lewiston. Got some pics of the night sky and hopefully they came out. I don't think hubby has downloaded them yet.

The kitten had moved next door the minute we left, She was NOT going to live in a house without people. Our neighbor kept trying to put her back in the house , but Nicky was having none of that. The other cats were quite happy to have the place to themselves, but they were glad when we finally got home.

My garden went nuts while I was gone. The tomatos in the two pots on the porch tripled in height (a bit too leggy tho). My peas are getting blooms, one of my tomaots in back have flowers and the rhubarb is huge. I dd some serious weeding this evening when it cooled off. Judy gave me some more irises (purple with bronze) and her mom-in-law brought me some hens&chickens, so I planted some of those around my oregano end the rest I still have to decide. The irises will go up front.

Well, it is almost bed time and I can hear it calling and I still have to set up the coffee pot for the morning.

Comments