It seems to me....

that I haven't posted a recipe in a while. I've been doing lots of chicken of late and I have a couple of favorite recipes I like to do. One of them is Chicken Paprika:

Take one whole chicken, cut up and sprinkle with some kosher salt. In a heavy pot (I prefer my cast iron dutch oven), heat some olive oil or vegetable oil on medium high and when hot, add chicken, skinside down. Cook until chicken is browned and then turn and brown the other side. Remove chicken to a plate and pour off most of the grease, leaving some. Lower heat to medoum and add 1 small or 1/2 medium diced onion and 2-3 cloved diced garlic and sautee until onions are clear. Becareful not to burn the garlic. When onions are clear, add 2-3 tablespoons paprika (I prefer sweet hungarian) and stir into onions and garlic. Increase heat to medium high and add back the chicken with any juices that have accumulated on the plate. Add 1 can chicken broth or 1 cup water and bring to boil for a couple of minutes, then lower heat to simmer.

When chicken is cooked thru and tender (should come off the bone without the use of a knife), take chicken out of broth and stir in 2 pints sour cream which has been thickened with 1-2 teaspoons of flour. Bring heat up to medium and blend sour cream with broth and stir while allowing it to heat thru and thicken. When sauce has thickened, put chicken back in with any accumulated juices and let everything heat thru.

Serve with your favorite noodle or pasta (my preference is a nice wide egg noodle) and a nice colorful veggie of your choice . YUMMMM! :D

Comments